Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2010, 02:58 PM

Operation day

my poor baby had his lump removed from his foot today hes now lying next to me its heartbreaking as he keeps crying i have no idea how im gonna keep is bandage on for five days hes also only allowed restricted exercise im not looking forward to that as usually quite hyper ive bought a boot to keep his bandages dry any body had a similar experience to help me keep sane the next few days
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 03:21 PM
I am sorry he has had to have op and feet are a real problem, especially when they seem to be having some discomfort. The week will go quite quickly I am sure although probably doesn't feel like it at the moment. My Saluki had a very deep cut on her pad earlier in the year and she was bandaged for around six weeks with it being renewed every week. None of the boots I bought (several types) would stay on when we were out so I resorted to buying a toilet bag from the chemist (plastic drawstring type) and securing it around her bandage with parcel tape (just for going out and keeping it dry). Worked a treat and you can get some quite pretty ones Went through several though. I assume he has some painkillers? Hope he will be ok and not drive you too mad over the next week. xx
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2010, 03:28 PM
well hes not moved since i bought him home just offered him a treat and he turned his nose up very out of character for him those draw string bags sound a good idea wil be looking in to that thanks