Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Motley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2010, 03:56 PM

Possible 'Frontline Plus' reaction

I used frontline plus on Motley on Saturday and today (monday) i noticed a wet patch where I applied the frontline.

On closer inspection, he was very agitated on me looking like it hurts, it appears to be a small amount of hair loss and oozing blisters!

We have used frontline before with no problems but this is the first time we used frontline plus. He is 9 months old and 27kg I checked the pack it is for the right weight of dog (20-40kg)

He is meant to be getting castrated tomorrow so i booked into the vets. He has been acting strange this morning, a little short tempered so I think it has hurt him, ive gently bathed the area, what else should I do before the vets tomorrow? and will this effect him having the op?

x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Hi Helen, poor little chap,it sounds as though he had a reaction to the something in the treatment . I don't use it myself, I find daily grooming keeps my dog clear of fleas.

I would ring the vet and check if it is ok to go ahead with the operation tomorrow.
Motley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2010, 10:08 PM
they said they will assess him tomorrow to see if he can still have the op

he has been funny all day, i thought he was picking up on my nerves about his op, he must have been hurting all day
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Exactly the reaction my girl has to it