Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:09 PM

Previous dogs names, do you err?

Do you sometimes find yurself calling your present dog your "old/previous" dogs name, even occasionaly regardless of the sex? And if so do you think its because what they are doing/the situation reminds you of the old dog, or is it just your mind wandering back over the years?

I ask because the two I have now are Sal and Tess (as most of you know) and both bitches.
Well my previous two Stafford bitches have been called Gypsy, one called almost always Gyp, as we had a dog too Sam and Gyp (Sam and Gyp rolled off the tongue better) After we lost them we got Gypsy, who was also occasionaly called Gyp.
We called it two bitches running because we could not stop calling the new pup Gyp/Gypsy. So we decided to call it her too.

Occasionaly -the two now will be called either Gyp or Sam.

In a lot of ways its nice, you know what they say you are "not gone if someone remembers your name"
Just wondered if other had done it or used the same name for two different dogs? And they don't mind at all.

Karen
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Oh yes!

My last dog was a mongrel called Toby and I sometimes confuse Loki with Toby.

Before that we had a GHD called Simba but I don't confuse that one.
Hiya boi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Yes we have had a Bonnie before and also a Tess and a Jess
When we had ferrets every boy was called George and every girl Jill
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Yes lol i called Bessie Molly the other day lol!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:42 PM
yep hence the reason why 'Flick' was changed to 'Tam'
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Staffy
yep hence the reason why 'Flick' was changed to 'Tam'
Yes I did think of you. It is not disrespectful is it - in fact it makes sense.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 02:56 PM
I was puttin the washing in the washing machine and she kept nudging me from behind and it just come out 'Tam go away'

I can't repeat wot i said after I realised wot I'd called her but OH thought it was hysterical and he had also called her Tam on several occassions. She was responding to it so thought we'd just aswell keep it. (It also saved me a few quid for an ID tag as I kept Tam1's tag )
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 03:00 PM
ive called both the boys by my old dogs name and that was nerys and she was a bitch bc ive even called george the cat by my old dogs name
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Staffy
I was puttin the washing in the washing machine and she kept nudging me from behind and it just come out 'Tam go away'

I can't repeat wot i said after I realised wot I'd called her but OH thought it was hysterical and he had also called her Tam on several occassions. She was responding to it so thought we'd just aswell keep it. (It also saved me a few quid for an ID tag as I kept Tam1's tag )
See there is always a silver linning

Tess when we had to change her name from Rio (due to my cousin calling his new baby daughter Rio ) almost became Gyp - it was a very close call but Tess won out two Gyps were enough.
Sue-
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2005, 03:07 PM
My last dog (american pit bull) was called Sax when he was good and saxon when he was naughty, I now have a staffy called Max and I often shout Sax when Im calling him, I think you just get so used to calling that name especially after 11 yrs of loyal companionship.. Hes a big miss to me... but I too love my Max
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >