Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2010, 09:57 AM

One of those mornings ....

It's just been one of those mornings this morning.
I woke early to the sound of Bear's low growling at Shiloh and Shiloh weeing as he does that if he's upset about something .... told Bear to be quiet and rearranged the dogs so he wasn't facing the others, cleaned up urine and went back to sleep.

The woke up to an almighty whack on my back a bit later, Ruby, who should be not jumping as she's just been spayed yesterday, launched onto my back
Bear grumbles at woo for being too excitable in the bedroom.

Bear gets up and trots down to the gate at the bottom of the stairs. I know what he wants, ever since he's been on this prednisolone when he needs to go he needs to go ... so I clamber out of bed and down the stairs.
Let all dogs out, police it so that Ruby doesn't jump the small fence to the grass.

Let dogs back in. Get dogs' breakfast ready. Tell dogs 'out' so I'm not falling over them when making it. Shiloh on back weeing again Try to encourage him out the door in a happy voice, trip over full water bowl and send nice urine/water mixture everywhere. Socks absolutely soaked.

Go and get mop and mop up. Bear back in kitchen. Tell Bear 'out' ... find dogs' meds and add to breakfast.
Add water to biccies. Nearly slosh Skye's breakfast into fishtank with very expensive fish in Rescue the situation.

Take breakfast into living room, get all dogs sitting. Distribute breakfast. Oooo haven't been to loo myself yet, nip upstairs .... don't get back downstairs in timely enough fashion to let Bear straight out after breakfast. Bear is weeing on the carpet in front of the back door. Open back door and usher Bear out.
Clean up wee.

Make cup of tea and sit down. Get up, let Bear in. Skye fussing and crying, let Skye out.

Relax.

Skye scratching door, let Skye in. Can hear Ruby growling and banging upstairs ... go and investigate .... calm Ruby down, move all obstacles that Ruby could jump onto/close bedroom door.

Come back downstairs and tell all dogs to 'Go and find Daddy' (who has not woken through all of this) .... hear them all mob Kev.

Now for a final cup of tea and individual walks - the fun bit

Anyone else find some mornings are just mental?
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 10:13 AM
dogs eh! Who'd have 'em! Hehehe, but we all know we'd be lost without them. I just have one dog but she's getting old and her needs to go out are frequent and urgent. I am frequently dashing her down the stairs and outside in the middle of "my" night. If I'm not fast enough, oops! And I can't be mad because its my fault really and she looks so sad poor girl.
You do have my sympathies!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 11:21 AM
That sounds like fun
I'm never going to complain as I just get woken by my face being licked, then when I get up, she jumps in my space next to hub!!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Phew, am I glad I only have the one dog to manage after reading that!

I'm lucky that mornings tend to not be took hectic with Molly. She wakes me up at half 7, we go to the park for a toilet break then come home, I make her breakfast then she goes back to bed with me until I get up
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 12:37 PM
You very patient person, I must say.
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
dogs eh! Who'd have 'em! Hehehe, but we all know we'd be lost without them. I just have one dog but she's getting old and her needs to go out are frequent and urgent. I am frequently dashing her down the stairs and outside in the middle of "my" night. If I'm not fast enough, oops! And I can't be mad because its my fault really and she looks so sad poor girl.
You do have my sympathies!
Oh no you can't be mad if they tell you. I have had some nights where I just cry though lol! Being woken up lots just isn't fun, even if it does mean that there's no mess on the carpets.

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
That sounds like fun
I'm never going to complain as I just get woken by my face being licked, then when I get up, she jumps in my space next to hub!!
That's Skye through and through, she didn't want to get up this morning and was cuddled up all snuggly while the others were waking me lol

Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Phew, am I glad I only have the one dog to manage after reading that!

I'm lucky that mornings tend to not be took hectic with Molly. She wakes me up at half 7, we go to the park for a toilet break then come home, I make her breakfast then she goes back to bed with me until I get up
One dog is less work, but four dogs is more love
I don't mind overly, but this morning was more hectic that usual.

Originally Posted by SLB View Post
You very patient person, I must say.
LOL, well I decided to have four dogs, and that's just what comes with it. To be honest though, Bear is not well at the minute so that's his excuse and Shiloh is just Shiloh. I know not to use a stern voice with him because he just wees! My fault for being stern in the kitchen.
My fault for Bear weeing on the carpet as I know his routine and should have been there. Not my fault for Shiloh weeing in the room though, Bear was being a grumpy bum and Shiloh was being a wimp, but not entirely their fault either lol.

So it's not so much patience as just learning from my own mistakes and getting on with it.

I've just spent a good hour cleaning and scrubbing the garden/patio too which is never an easy job but I like it when it's all clean, so do the dogs
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 02:37 PM
It's exhausted me just reading this Hope you and the dogs have a relaxing evening after such a hectic morning
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Blimey, and i think it is much more hectic now we have our first ever dog (puppy), but what made me laugh out loud is the bit about waking daddy, cos we have just the same thing with our dog daddy, and i think it must be a Kev thing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh. That's sounds like a reasonably calm sort of morning - well it would be in our house.

In amongst 4 dogs I have Oscar to get ready for school usually adn that's after decideing he does want breakfast after all, just as we're walking out of the front door!

Must admit though, I'm really pleased I don't have carpet anymore. Makes life a lot easier.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 05:42 PM
But other than that, the day started well!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >