Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2010, 03:30 PM

Taste of the wild question

Has anyone tried this food ??
I know its a US food but its a grain free food at a do-able price for me ..
Was looking at the High Prairie Canine version ...
Thanks in advance ..jj
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Has anyone tried this food ??

Was looking at the High Prairie Canine version ...
Made me feel hungry reading the ingredients! It's very high protein at 32%. I would be interested to hear if anyone has tried it as well!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
Made me feel hungry reading the ingredients! It's very high protein at 32%. I would be interested to hear if anyone has tried it as well!
I know what you mean ... less than most uk premium brands.
Costs less than some Uk premium foods ..
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I asked on a forum I'm on - not doggy but lots of US members with dogs - and it got lots of good replies. The only downside mentioned was the price and the fact that the company that makes it (Diamond) has a bit of an iffy reputation. No one mentioned what the reputation was though A quick google seems to bring up lots of posts of recalls due to toxicity, some with aflatoxin in corn and some contaminated with melamin The good reviews would suggest they've sorted that all out nowadays though
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I asked on a forum I'm on - not doggy but lots of US members with dogs - and it got lots of good replies. The only downside mentioned was the price and the fact that the company that makes it (Diamond) has a bit of an iffy reputation. No one mentioned what the reputation was though A quick google seems to bring up lots of posts of recalls due to toxicity, some with aflatoxin in corn and some contaminated with melamin The good reviews would suggest they've sorted that all out nowadays though
Recalls in dog foods seem to happen quite a bit dont they ...
Cyn
New Member!
Female 

14-10-2010, 10:47 AM
I have been feeding Taste of the Wild to my Rottweiler and Hungarian Vizsla since July. I wanted the Vizsla who is epileptic to have a grain free food. Both dogs love it. I had the High Prairie first and am currently feeding Pacific Stream. I have been getting mine from Zooplusas they have offers on for two bags. Very reliable and quick free delivery. Shall not be changing from Taste of the Wild as have been impressed. Stools very good and less of them!

Also give Vizsla raw,food with Taste of the Wild. Rottweiler will not eat any raw so she just TOTW and looking very good on it. Hope this helps
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
I have been feeding Taste of the Wild to my Rottweiler and Hungarian Vizsla since July. I wanted the Vizsla who is epileptic to have a grain free food. Both dogs love it. I had the High Prairie first and am currently feeding Pacific Stream. I have been getting mine from Zooplusas they have offers on for two bags. Very reliable and quick free delivery. Shall not be changing from Taste of the Wild as have been impressed. Stools very good and less of them!

Also give Vizsla raw,food with Taste of the Wild. Rottweiler will not eat any raw so she just TOTW and looking very good on it. Hope this helps
Ty ..
zoo plus is where i saw it ...
Have you had any probs with supply ? l
I have had mine on solid gold or orijen and did have probs with zooplus running out ..??
Cyn
New Member!
Female 

17-10-2010, 10:17 AM
I have not had any problems with Zooplus and Taste of the Wild. I ordered online on August Bank Holiday and High Prairie was out of stock so I ordered Pacific Stream, It showed that Prairie would be in stock on 4th Sept. I checked on 4th and it was in stock.

It has never taken more than three days for delivery, i.e I have ordered on a Friday p.m. and received Tues am, and the Bank Holiday order was received on Thursday am. Always very well packed.

When I started feeding TOTW this was the first time I had ordered from Zooplus and have been very impressed with them.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
it would be if its mainly meat.

i would love to try it but feel uneasy only being able to order it online not 'go n get it' with 9 dogs i fear of running out and dont like to change food to often
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
it would be if its mainly meat.

i would love to try it but feel uneasy only being able to order it online not 'go n get it' with 9 dogs i fear of running out and dont like to change food to often
Its hard when you only have one source for the food ...
They might do you a bulk deal....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >