Anistel

New Member!

Dogs owned: collie x retriever
28-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #1

First meal, but was it enough?

Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: BC's & GWPxSlovak
28-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #2

Re: First meal, but was it enough?

My collies would only get a wing each (one is around 16kg, the other is 28kg but is a fat lazy biffa so he's rationed) but my pointer would get 2 or 3 (32kg) in one meal.

It depends how much your dog exercises, how much they weigh and also was the dog already fed previously in the day? The skin of a chicken is quite high in fat too but I guess you will just have to play it by eye and keep a check on her weight.

I will always opt for underfeeding as I like my dogs lean and it's also easier to give them a bit extra food if they are thinning than it is to shift excess weight.

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: BCx & BC
01-10-2010, 12:14 AM   #3

Re: First meal, but was it enough?

i would give Jake (25kg) 2 or 3, but i also would rather underfeed than overfeed.