Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 08:52 PM

How much and how often?

i know alot of people feed their dogs garlic as it keeps away fleas, and i gave daph a bit on her food before and she seemed to like it.

but i wondered, how much should she have and how many meals a week should i put it in for it to be effective and keep fleas away, but not overfeed her on garlic?

can it be bad if she has too much?
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2010, 09:24 PM
I think too much garlic can be bad for dogs. I've read about people giving garlic to their dogs to keep fleas away but as with everything I wonder if they might not have got fleas anyway

Not saying garlic doesn't work or that you shouldn't use it, it possibly does work it's just that with anything which is supposed to stop them you can't prove that if you didn't use it they would have gotten fleas, if you know what I mean.

I had my last dog for 12 years and although I didn't treat her she never got fleas. Lana hasn't had fleas in the 10 months I've had her. I did treat her the once for fleas as she's constantly scratching even though the vet couldn't see fleas either. She's still scratching, seems to have an allergy to something which I haven't discovered yet.