register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Do you use CSJ Herbs Billy No Mates? (Answer 1 or 2)Do you Recommend it?(Answer 3or4)
Yes 1 25.00%
No 3 75.00%
I would recommend it 1 25.00%
No I don't recommend it 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Harley & Me
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2010, 02:11 AM

CSJ Herbs Billy No Mates! Anyone use it?

Hi there,

As you might of seen from some of my other posts, I am looking into feeding my dog and future puppy on CSJ dry food. I started to look at their other products and customer views/comments and I found out about a product called Billy No Mates!

Billy No Mates! 300g

Are you looking for a natural flea treatment for your dog or cat? Billy No Mates! is a really effective, natural Flea, Tick and Mite Repellent for dogs and cats. BNM is simply sprinkled over food. And as well as repelling 'passengers', Billy No Mates! is great for skin and coat condition. We recommend BNM is used from Easter onwards.

Product Details
Looking for a natural flea treatment for your dog or cat? Billy No Mates! is a very effective, natural flea, mite and tick repellent. The aromatic combination of mint, seaweed, fenugreek, neem leaves and lemon balm should be simply sprinkled over your dog - or cat's food and as well as repelling 'boarders' is great for skin and coat condition. As the product can take up to 6 weeks to really get into the dog's system, we would recommend you start using BNM from around Easter onwards.
Does anyone use this for their dog(s) (or even cat(s) as it can be used on them too)?

Can someone tell me more about it? as I would like to know more. I have read what it says on the website about it and the reviews but I'm still left with a few questions. I thought I would ask members here instead of CSJ to get feedback from users of the product.

Questions I have about the product;

1.) How often do you use it? do you put it on each meal per day?

2.) For users of the product, how long does it last you and do you feel its worth the money?

3.) Does it actually work? and would you use this solely as your dog(s)/cat(s) protection against fleas, ticks and mites? or do you feel its a product that you still need to give vet/chemical treatment like frontline?

4.) It says to use from Easter onwards, so is this product an all year thing or only for certain months? Obviously if the feed back was good and I wanted to try my dog on it I assume I can start now? unless its only for use for certain months.

Thanks for any help and advice you can give me, it sounds like an interesting product and I like the sound of it. I just felt I needed more information before considering using the product and I thought this would be a good place to ask.

My main concern is my dog's health and making sure he is protected against fleas, ticks and mites and if this does work I love the idea of trying it as I know Harley doesn't like having a spot on every month and also I like the fact I could treat for this without use of chemicals.

Thanks and look forward to hearing your responses .

Rose x

ps> Added a poll as also thought this would be useful to this thread/answering my questions. The poll is anon and also lets you select more than one answer so you can answer both my questions, so please answer the first question using option 1 or 2 and then select option 3 or 4 as well to answer the last question. Thanks!
WarFlyball
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-09-2010, 01:50 PM
We use it for our dogs, they have a scoop on their evening meal. They have not had any fleas/ticks since we started using it -I started because one of them has a sensitive stomach/skin and I don't like him having lots of chemicals and really pleased with it. As you say you don't need it all year round and when we get to the end of this pot we won't use it again till next Spring. A pot lasts ages - I'm not sure how long but I think a good couple of months and that is with 2 dogs...
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 02:45 PM
My advice to anyone considering changing their flea/worming routine would be to check how common lungworm is in the area. There's no preventative and it can be a fatal disease with little to no symptoms until there's quite a severe infestation - generally you just treat for a suspected infection every so often, which will kill off any lungworm present before they get too high in number. I live in an area where it's quite prevalent and my dogs are grazers so would probably accidentally munch a slug down, or eat grass where they've been on (lungworm's transmitted by slugs & snails) so I personally treat my dogs with Advocate on a monthly basis - two treatments of Advocate will treat a lungworm infestation apparently. Another option is to treat with a 7-10 day (can't remember which, think it's 10) course of Panacur - so when lungworm isn't quite as common, you could probably get away with treating once a year when the slug/snail population is at its highest. I'd definately look into it/take it into consideration if you're deciding to cut out veterinary treatment in favour of herbal treatments, because you might not have issues with fleas but lungworm will do much more damage to your dog if picked up and untreated.
Harley & Me
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
My advice to anyone considering changing their flea/worming routine would be to check how common lungworm is in the area. There's no preventative and it can be a fatal disease with little to no symptoms until there's quite a severe infestation - generally you just treat for a suspected infection every so often, which will kill off any lungworm present before they get too high in number. I live in an area where it's quite prevalent and my dogs are grazers so would probably accidentally munch a slug down, or eat grass where they've been on (lungworm's transmitted by slugs & snails) so I personally treat my dogs with Advocate on a monthly basis - two treatments of Advocate will treat a lungworm infestation apparently. Another option is to treat with a 7-10 day (can't remember which, think it's 10) course of Panacur - so when lungworm isn't quite as common, you could probably get away with treating once a year when the slug/snail population is at its highest. I'd definately look into it/take it into consideration if you're deciding to cut out veterinary treatment in favour of herbal treatments, because you might not have issues with fleas but lungworm will do much more damage to your dog if picked up and untreated.
Thanks for that information, will look into it .

Will look into this carefully as I want to do the best for our dog and his health is far more important than money or new products.

Many thanks

Rose x