Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2010, 07:16 AM

Today is a good day

HI All,

We walked the dogs between 5-630am this morning as usual - although a little earlier than usual. Here it's what I call "back to school weather". It's dry and sunny. although the grass on the fields is wet and it's quite cold outside (but very warm in direct sunlight).

The sort of morning where we'd have been cold without a jumper/sweater but by the time we'd walked for 10 minutes we were too hot and had to take them off.

The dogs love it like this. Just about soggy enough to get grubby, dry enough to run about without slipping (have to be really careful with Jenzi), warm enough not to get cold (altrhough they never seem to get cold even in the middle of winter) and cold enough so they don't overheat.

I love it when the dogs have a great morning. It means they're gonna enjoy the whole day (plus we have what Oscar calls "doggy school" tonight).

Laura xx
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2010, 07:29 AM
I'm in the same part of the world & I walk at 5.15 a.m. too. I agree it's much nicer for the dogs now it's cooler & I just love dawn ~ the best part of the day, watching the sun come up & hearing the dawn chorus. Plus that's when all the bunnies come out so Barney & Wilma had a great time chasing them all over the park.

And this morning I saw a badger! I walked round a corner & Barney was just staring at this large lumpen thing waddling towards me, then it suddenly took off over the fields ~ I didn't know they could move so fast. It took me few seconds to realise what I'd seen.

Now if only the grass wasn't so dewy, & the dogs weren't so wet from all the long grass, it would have been perfect
dougs85
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Lucky for uz i walk my 2 at the same time and i got absaloutley soaked the dogs hated it due to the rain it was lashing down up here in scotland
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2010, 08:59 AM
We walk early morning and love this time of year too, not too warm or cold and the smell of wet leaves mmm