Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 09:02 PM

Ooh guess what's opening near us!

So excited There's not much near us at where I work, other than Sainsbury's B&Q, a garden centre & Benson's beds!
I get an hour lunchbreak & like to go out for a walk so am often in Sainsburys wondering round aimlessly when I don't really need anything!!
No more !- coming soon is Pets at Home So guess where I'll be in my lunchbreaks & I'm sure Tilly will be getting all the latest toys Hub said " you'll be coming back with hamsters,rabbits & guinea pigs" now that's an idea
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Wahey!! I spend most of my time off in Pets At Home!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Fab, they just opened one round the corner from me - its fab!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Wahey!! I spend most of my time off in Pets At Home!!
If they did not sell live animals - I would as well
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 10:21 PM
I use to go there all the time, loved the leads and collars they did and also there beds! But now I dont have a need to go there we now pick nicer beds, collars, leads and treats up when at shows or online, why we didnt think of that years ago il never know. our dogs are fed raw so we have it delivered!

Ours sell animals to Hannah They also now have an adoption section there, not sure how it works as havent been there for well over a year - Just heard about it.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I use to go there all the time, loved the leads and collars they did and also there beds! But now I dont have a need to go there we now pick nicer beds, collars, leads and treats up when at shows or online, why we didnt think of that years ago il never know. our dogs are fed raw so we have it delivered!

Ours sell animals to Hannah They also now have an adoption section there, not sure how it works as havent been there for well over a year - Just heard about it.
I have brought animals from pet shops before - then I learnt about rodent farms etc.

The adoption section is normally for older animals who have not been purchased - I have only seen returns advertised a couple of times
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Hmm yes the live animals does bother me - and the huge Cesar Millan section
I guess I never really thought about where other animals come from, I got mice from a pet shop - wouldnt have a clue about how to find a good breeder?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I have brought animals from pet shops before - then I learnt about rodent farms etc.

The adoption section is normally for older animals who have not been purchased - I have only seen returns advertised a couple of times
As a kid i remember having a mouse from pets@home, apart from that i havent and wouldnt. Mainly becauses im not in to them kind of animals.

Ohh i guess that makes sense, it being for older ones and returns, its quite sad really isnt it! People do seem to rush into buying rabbits, mice ect from these sort of shops, although may think twice about buying a dog from a store.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Don't forget about your local smaller pet shops
Much more friendlier than P@H, most actually know their stuff (rather than a lot of the staff at P@H who know nothing), and if it's not on the shelf, they will normally get it for you

Can you tell I have a pet shop
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Oh, how fab - best get some overtime in
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >