Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BonnieFellows
New Member!
Female 

03-06-2010, 09:45 PM

Welt like bumps on the rear back

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and I am hoping I can get some answers and advise pertaining to my dog.

We hav 3 year old Male Staffordshire Bull Terrior who thinks he is a lap dog, he has the most beautiful temperment and we love him dearly, but recently I have become a bit worried as he has developed strange bumps all over his back, they are mostly in rear part of his back (hind quarter)

They look like welts as though he had been attacked by wosps, but we know he was not.

It all started right after we bathed him, they developed the following day. I thought at first he was having an allergic reaction to the shampoo we used, but it has been a week and we should have seen it getting better by now.

He is eating and drinking as normal as well his energy is normal. I am not sure if I should take him to the vet or if this is something that will pass.

If anyone has experienced this with there dog could you please let me know if this is something I should really be concerned about.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.. I have no advice to offer and have never experienced anything like this, Just wanted to say that you at all you are concerned then you should book an appointment with your vet, or ring them from advice.
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2010, 10:51 PM
hello and welcome

my old staffy roxy got the same problem when she was about the same age....and infact it makes the folicle of hairs stands up making it look real strange....it turned out she had eaten some orange and that was the problem...so for lots of yrs she wasnt given any more orange...hen 1 day some 1 gave her some without my knowledge...and she was fine...this did happen agan with roxy a few times but it went on its own,

its some alergic reaction..its just knowing what to,
has she been any where diiffernt ..or hate anything different?...any cleaning fluid or spray?.
maybe it would be best to take him to the vets and they will administer some antihistamines and try and find the source to his problem...by the way my Roxys never itched...just looked really weird
hope all goes well xxxxxxx
BonnieFellows
New Member!
Female 

03-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Thnx for the advice, I too feel it is an allergic reaction, as it happened the following day after we bathed him. If it does not go away in a few more days I will contact vet.

Thanks again, I appreciate your help.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi,

my cat had this... turns out he's allergic to fleas... one flea when he's not recently been protected and the bumps appear.... give him some frontline drops in his neck... and the bumps disappear... took us a while to figure out the problem and the remedy, but it works wonders...

hope this helps...

ps: when he gets the bumps and we check him for fleas... we never find any ...