Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2010, 04:21 PM

Ever have those days.........

where you wish you never bothered leaving the house. Took the girls out this afternoon and left it until later as the field is pretty empty late aft and Molly is dog aggressive. Happily walking with the girls and we were joined on the otherside of the field by a boxer. So I changed route as usual so we would not meet and went up onto the hill top to wait for them to carry on. However, they randomly change direction to come back towards us. Then said boxer decides he will come to say hello. But as seems to be the regular theme they can't recall him and I am left trying to calm my hyped up dog whilst they stand there making pathetic efforts to get him back, ones that don't involve just coming over and getting him. Get home to find my drive blocked by an idiot. Followed by next door just letting their dog out nearly under my car and setting my dogs off into a frenzy in the back of the car.

Arghhh I need a cuppa and relax!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Hugs hun, I have days like that......the worst being ''me calling Tess back and someone telling me '''''''Its OK if she comes to say hello, tapping thier leg and going Hello beautiful your gorgeous

So no recall there then

I might as well just pack up and go home
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Oh dear sorry to hear about your day.

I can empathise with you as Cherry is dog-reactive and has to stay on her flexi-lead and I do get a bit narked when other people let their dogs charge up to her. She is also blind in one eye and poorly sighted in the other but hopefully will be having cataract surgery soon.

People should really think when they see someone with a dog on-lead as it is on-lead for a reason!

My other dog Parker is fine -very sociable but if I see someone else approaching with a leashed dog I recall him. If his recall wasn't perfect 95% of the time (he isn't a robot so I can't say 100%!) I wouldn't let him off-leash until he was better trained.

Something naughty I have been saying lately is if I see someone's dog approaching Cherry and I know she is going to react I shout out "She has an infectious skin disease-the vet said If I keep her on-lead other people would leash their dogs to keep them away from her"! Has worked brilliantly so far-never seen dog owners move so quickly to grab their dogs!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Oh dear sorry to hear about your day.

I can empathise with you as Cherry is dog-reactive and has to stay on her flexi-lead and I do get a bit narked when other people let their dogs charge up to her. She is also blind in one eye and poorly sighted in the other but hopefully will be having cataract surgery soon.

People should really think when they see someone with a dog on-lead as it is on-lead for a reason!

My other dog Parker is fine -very sociable but if I see someone else approaching with a leashed dog I recall him. If his recall wasn't perfect 95% of the time (he isn't a robot so I can't say 100%!) I wouldn't let him off-leash until he was better trained.

Something naughty I have been saying lately is if I see someone's dog approaching Cherry and I know she is going to react I shout out "She has an infectious skin disease-the vet said If I keep her on-lead other people would leash their dogs to keep them away from her"! Has worked brilliantly so far-never seen dog owners move so quickly to grab their dogs!
I will try that one. My other dog Dizzy is fine too very sociable and her recall is fine. I don't let her go up to onlead dogs either. I don't even mind the others approaching as she makes it pretty obvious she's not keen but just for once I would love to walk her without constantly looking over my shoulder. Think I have just had a run of a few poor days I sometimes just wish people would spare a thought instead of tutting and looking at me as if she should be locked up. She's 9 now and unlikely to change and I love her anyway!!!!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Hugs hun, I have days like that......the worst being ''me calling Tess back and someone telling me '''''''Its OK if she comes to say hello, tapping thier leg and going Hello beautiful your gorgeous

So no recall there then

I might as well just pack up and go home
Oh I know just what you mean Steph but thats what happens when you have a gorgeous girly like Tess
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 10:01 PM
oh i hate days like that! i get that a lot, when not just one thing happens... but a whole load of them , its just typical
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Oh well maybe it's better for it all to happen on one day instead of 5 rubbish ones