Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:26 PM

Weird being on my own!

Well, after nearly 3yrs of working from home, Sid has started a new job today.

I am taking over the existing business (as well as my part-time job). Sadly due to the credit crunch we had the worst year last year and we made the decision that it would be better off all round if he became employed again so we had a more reliable main income coming in. Sad as our first year we really boomed. It will be a great top-up income on top of my part-time wage though, so it's worth keeping it on.

Downside (only small and not long-term thankfully) is that he has to get trained in Scotland and is over 3hrs away so it's too long to commute. I don't know who will miss him more, me or Marius & Lola!! It will be a big change for us all TBH. We've all got used to him being at home all day, poor Lola especially won't know what's hit her as all she has known is Daddy being there all day, at least Marius knows what it's like for him to go out to work, instead of being on the PC at home

No doubt there will be an adjustment period for us all, as I am sure the dogs will play me up for a while. They have got so used to him being there all the time, it'll be a few days for them to get used to it.

Aside from his good company, I'll miss his cooking terribly, he was a fab cook and somehow you can never be bothered to cook a proper tea for yourself can you? We were all spoiled by him being here!!

It is so strange being here at home just me and the mutts. Least he'll be back in time for the weekends which is nice. Only 5 weeks training and then he'll be back for good.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Awww I know how you feel. Rich works away during the week and has done since September last year and finishes in November this year then we have no idea where he'll be based.

It does take some getting used to and the cooking thing is a nightmare - i still can't ever make the right amount of food for just one person!! I usually end up eating the same meal at least twice a week!!

Having the dogs there though will be a huge help and I find I don't have time to mope around anymore!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Aww, it will make you love and appreciate each other more (although you do sound like you already do xx) 5 weeks will fly, it's not long, don't worry. You've got Dogsy, dogs and more dogs for company

When Paul used to work in London mon-fri I got flowers every week! I loved it! heehee . He's not bought me any since
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Oh hon...... sorry to hear Sid as to work away for a while. Mind you, it will make the weekends more *cough* interesting.....
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 06:13 AM
LOL Vicki!

Nice to hear others have been through it too (would love flowers but I won't hold out any hope on that score lol.....mind you it is my birthday next week and he won't be back for it so you never know!! )

We've been together 20yrs in August - I am so used to him being here it's like I'm missing a limb or something!!

It is so nice having Marius & Lola for company though - and I get them all to myself for cuggies.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Hugs hun I am sure 5 weeks will fly by for you xxxxx

You can have weekend honeymoons in the meantime they say absence makes the heart fonder
montysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Try to think of the positives -

Having ALL of the bed to yourself
Only have to shave your legs at weekends
Able to slob about in your tattiest pj's and underwear
Having complete control of the TV remote

That make you feel any better?
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by montysmum View Post
LOL - I have been married 21 years and with my husband for 25 years - so I do that now!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by montysmum View Post
Try to think of the positives -

Having ALL of the bed to yourself
Having complete control of the TV remote

That make you feel any better?
Amen to that!!! You just summarised a normal week for me!!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 12:53 PM
At first I thought awwwww that sounds terribly hard but with all the positives people are throwing up it sounds like it could be an adventure.
Plus having Marius and Lola all to yourself
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >