Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2010, 08:44 PM

Puppy's penis stuck!!!

well th scariest thing has just happened...my daughter who was watching the 13 weelk old pups outside when she noticed something strange happenind to 1 of the pups....his back leg was flinching..and he seemeto be strugling...when she noticed his penis and tiny balls was sticking out ...to be honest i am only use to bitches so it did scare me a little...it was like all the lot had come out and could not go back in...anyway her partner pushed it back in and all is well...its just made him quiet...does anyone know why this happened plz? was we right to be scared..and what would have happened if we dint notice it?

xxxxxxxx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 08:50 PM
was his "pink Lipstick" out of its case? Thats normal!!!!!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Oh the poor little soul!!! I know little about it except that at the kennels where I worked for donkeys years a dog came in once with this very problem. He was fully grown, and rather large (the dog, not the.....er.........!!) Anyway, we called the vet, and he suggested using vaseline each time it happened and inform the owners, which of course we did. I don't know what the eventual outcome was, but the vaseline worked.

There is obviously a mechanical reason for this problem, and I think that your vet is the next call.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 08:52 PM
I guess your puppy just got a little bit excited! Nothing to worry about just the typical man!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
was his "pink Lipstick" out of its case? Thats normal!!!!!!

I am assuming that she means a little more than the normal protuberance here!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I guess your puppy just got a little bit excited! Nothing to worry about just the typical man!
Yes, but when it gets "stuck" that IS a problem, and I think that is what she is worrying about.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I used to have a CKCS that it happened to, the vet told me to put something very cold on it and it would soon shrink back, like cold water.
If that doesn't work then you will need to see the vet as some dogs do have a problem and need a small surgical procedure to stop it from keep happening.
Mean't to add please don't push it in forcefully as you could cause a lot of pain and damage.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I am assuming that she means a little more than the normal protuberance here!!
What makes you think that, seems perfectly normal to me, or have i missed something?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Yes, but when it gets "stuck" that IS a problem, and I think that is what she is worrying about.
what do you mean stuck? when a male dog gets excited his penish swells like it would inside the bitch leaving them to tie, so of course it takes a little while for him to unswell before it can go back in???
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2010, 08:56 PM
thanx my daughter was freaking out and still is

and as i said i have only had bitches... but the whole tackle was out and would not go back in with out help!! what would have corsed it?...her partner s he might have been straining to do a poo, but i know his poo's are ok...will this happen often..and maythis did shake him up a bit???
many thanx xxxxxxx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >