Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 02:06 PM

How would you feel...?

My husband and I were speaking with a neighbour a couple of weeks ago and mentioned the impending arrival of our baby, We had not told a lot of people on our road, mainly as there are only a few we regularly say hi to...

her response was "OH! congratulations, I had seen you getting a bit bigger and just thought you had let yourself go after getting married"

Now with June, I didnt really get offended as she is a very blunt woman and can be very funny with it so i brushed it off....

Anyway, today out walking with China, I saw another woman who lives round the corner....china said hello to her 3 x king charles and we got into conversation....she asked if i was expecting...( I have a fairly big bump now...)
I said yes, 11 weeks to go etc and laughingly told her what June had said (they know each other)....

She said she had thought the same.....

Now so far I have only put on about 18lbs which is about the right amount for my stage.....

Now with June, i could laugh it off, but Im starting to think how many other people think ive just gotten fat and slobby????? Its unnerved me a bit, which I'm putting down to hormones and cheering my self up with another peice of bitesize flapjack.....

But how would you feel if this was said to you???
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Im not sure how i would feel, but i would say dont let it bother you, just enjoy expecting your baby and let them gossips get on with gossiping..Maybe they have nothing better to do Doesnt matter what others think about you as long as your happy.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Im not sure how i would feel, but i would say dont let it bother you, just enjoy expecting your baby and let them gossips get on with gossiping..Maybe they have nothing better to do Doesnt matter what others think about you as long as your happy.
Ta Hunny,

The hubby is saying the obligatory "you look beautiful darling" and Im not getting too bothered by it as Ive had a lot of compliments at work.....

Its just making me think, did i let myself have a bad patch? (I never usually go out without make up or at least looking tidy and smart)

Whether i did or not, Im not too bothered! My body's going through a tough time and Im cutting myself some slack! (Hence the flapjacks!)

Alex
xx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 02:24 PM
It`s when people ask you when it`s due AFTER the birth that p*sses me off!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 02:27 PM
oh let them think what they like, one minute I get told I am massive for my time of prgnancy and then next minute someone tells me how neat I am - people just feel they can comment on anything.

Just like people will touch the bump without asking etc etc.

I wouldnt let it worry you to be honest, it all starts from here anyway, [people telling you how to rock, feed, hold, entertain and deal with your child all starts now !!!

get used to smiling and saying " thanks I will think about that !" LOL
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 02:33 PM
God the problem with being preg is that everyone thinks they have the right to comment on how you look, what they looked like, what you should look like after the baby and then it wont stop there! Once you have had it they will be telling you that you are not looking after it right or you should be doing this or that. Best learn how to turn a deaf ear if i were you!!!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
It`s when people ask you when it`s due AFTER the birth that p*sses me off!
Ha Ha! i can imagine!

Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Just like people will touch the bump without asking etc etc.
Oh my god! tell me about it!!! how annoying! or just random people asking if its kicking and can they feel it...

Erm...how about ...NO Sod Off!!

Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
God the problem with being preg is that everyone thinks they have the right to comment on how you look, what they looked like, what you should look like after the baby and then it wont stop there! Once you have had it they will be telling you that you are not looking after it right or you should be doing this or that. Best learn how to turn a deaf ear if i were you!!!
hahahaha why do you think i moved miles away from my family!

its not just that, but why do they think i want to listen to 50 different stories on how they gave birth.... really? do i look interested?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
Ha Ha! i can imagine!

Oh my god! tell me about it!!! how annoying! or just random people asking if its kicking and can they feel it...

Erm...how about ...NO Sod Off!!

hahahaha why do you think i moved miles away from my family!

its not just that, but why do they think i want to listen to 50 different stories on how they gave birth.... really? do i look interested?
lol - it doesnt bother me people touching it to be honest - cos I have the same affliction when I see a pregnant woman I need to touch !! LOL

As for the family - err it aint just family that comment I am afraid !!

grow a thick skin now
dani
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Lol at least they noticed you Alex once the baby is born they'll only be interested in the baby and you'll cease to exist. Jeez did I get sick of every conversation opening with hows the baby.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
lol - it doesnt bother me people touching it to be honest - cos I have the same affliction when I see a pregnant woman I need to touch !! LOL

As for the family - err it aint just family that comment I am afraid !!

grow a thick skin now
dani
He he! i have no problems telling strangers where to stick their nosy noses!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >