Our sister sites
Our sister sites
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 07:05 PM

Donimance... apparently!!!!

Or even *dominance*!
My 8 month old HWV pup has a habit of putting her foot on top of mine when I ask her to sit beside me in class. Apparently she is trying to dominate me "Tosh" comes to mind.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 07:07 PM
or it could be that she`s making sure you don`t sneak off and leave her with numpties?
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Tosh, and more tosh on top!!

Hope it is not the trainer saying this??????
Spid
New Member!
Female 

07-05-2010, 07:22 PM
She just loves you!!!!

I like to think of my pup as a huge foot warmer - if she has to dominate me in order for me to 'use' her this way so be it
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Yup, trainer AND her 'helper' who is doing a degree in behaviour and training . Unfortunately there are no other classes where I live I'll have to stick with the numpties
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Numpties!! I would leave the class, you can train fine on your own without help of people like that!!
Where about do you live??
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2010, 09:51 PM
If that's the case then mine is currently dominating me with a snoring head!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-05-2010, 09:58 PM
I agree with Ben Mcfuzz why continue to go to a class even if it is the only one around that is so at odds with what you think, surely by giving them money it kind of endorses what they teach and they'll continue to spout nonsense. Go solo.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Moxie used to do this, but only in class. I have a theory as to why (and it has nothing to do with dominance). I think she was wanting to take in all of her surroundings, and really watch the other dogs and people and smells and sounds, but didn't want to miss it when I needed her to start heeling, or listen to me to perform some other command. So she put her paw on my foot so if I moved she would know right away.

I'm probably anthropomorphizing, but its just a theory. She doesn't do it anymore. Nothing is more interesting than Me!!!
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 08:52 AM
I know, I have seriously considered leaving the class. My lab LOVES it but Sika isn't really bothered. We go outside in the summer and do a little agility which is good fun but I'm not sure if I'll go back after that. There's a lot that's said/done that's not my cup of tea but it is good for teaching her to behave around other dogs TBH, I'm not fussed about dead straight sits and stuff. I want to train her up as a gundog and I do feel that basic obedience is where to start which again, is why I may not go back after the summer as she'll have her bronze by then.
I'm in Orkney BenMc