Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2010, 10:23 PM

Little red sore

Chevy just had gotten spayed 3days ago. She hasent been paying the stitches anymind at all , but this morning she woke me up for a early morning bathroom break and I couldnt go back to sleep, she had rolled over on her back for me to scratch her belly and I discovered she has 2 little sores by where the stitches are!

is this somthing to be worried about ? what does this mean?

this is the 1st spay i've acually dealt with before
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Can you take a picture? How big are they? Are they directly across from each other? My first thought is they may be from the towel clamps the vet would have used to hold the sterile drape in place. See if you can get a picture?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
Can you take a picture? How big are they? Are they directly across from each other? My first thought is they may be from the towel clamps the vet would have used to hold the sterile drape in place. See if you can get a picture?
My first thought too.

If she is not bothered by them, and they are very small then this is the likely explanation. The best news is that she is not worrying at the stitches...........I hate having to use those dreaded lampshades!
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post

thank you, were right i had just takin her to the vet this morning because she had some dreadful swelling under her skin right under the stitches Dr Dykes looked at the red spots and said it was just where the towel clamps were..WOW ya'll are GOOD and he said that the swelling is she is having a reaction to the stitches under her skin??

we go back in 5 days for the stitches to come out