Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 06:02 PM

Strange incident on this mornings walk.

Ok this morning something strange happened, I was walking the dogs as normal, but when I looked over towards some woods I defiatly saw someone there looking back, I kept the dogs close, and from the build of the person I didn't know them, so I kept walking on ignoring them (they were a field over so it was all fine) and on the way back I saw a strange van come out of them woods and towards the other way, and the person had gone, and I don't know why they were there, them woods are ones that no-one gones into hunting or anything, as its the swampy woods, and I also heard no guns or anything, so unless he was using snares I have no idea what he was doing there, although it did put me on edge, espcailly as I now know that when Honey was a young I use to walk her up there, and someone that I knew approached the house that I was in, and asked the person there if they could take her off our hands after seeing her run, and then they would breed her, and we could have a pup of course it was no, and this person still makes me nervous, as he always says how nice both dogs are whenever we see him, but I don't know that this person is anything to do with the other, but what would you do?

I mean I think I'm gonna tell the farmer, as then he could check the woods, see if he's left anything, or if the farmer knows why he was there, but tbh the whole thing did make me a bit on edge.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2010, 06:07 PM
maybe they dumped a body?
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Aren't these kind of things really scary? I feel for you! Best thing I think is to call the farmer, maybe it's all ligit and then you worries can be set to rest.... If he has no idea what you're talking about... Can you call the police? At the very least its trespassing isn 't it?
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2010, 06:12 PM
speak to the farmer so he can check it out
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
maybe they dumped a body?
Do you know that is seriously one of my recurring nightmares-after all in the media it is always the dog walker who discovers a body!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I think I'm gonna walk to the farmers tomorrow, and see what he says, he should know who and why they were there well hopefully, and then hopefully it will be a harmless thing, if not then it'll be time for more investigation into it.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I think I'm gonna walk to the farmers tomorrow, and see what he says, he should know who and why they were there well hopefully, and then hopefully it will be a harmless thing, if not then it'll be time for more investigation into it.
good idea, but don't do the investigating on your own!!!! better safe then sorry!!!!
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 06:44 PM
We came very close to the dog finding body scenario we do a similar route at sutton park due to our crazy beagles and the one day thay ran off into a dense clump of trees and didn't return for a while being beagles we didn't think too much of it but the next time we went the area was cordened off with police tape and lots of police vans &helicopter was sweeping over the area the dogs had gone to It turned out that a body had been found it had been there for a while & was decomposing It was in the news later that it was a homeless person about 30 years of age and no other person was involved,it makes me shudder thinking about it .
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Good plan. At least if they are meant to be there it will put your mind at rest and if they're not you can let the farmer investigate.

Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
We came very close to the dog finding body scenario we do a similar route at sutton park due to our crazy beagles and the one day thay ran off into a dense clump off trees and didn't return for a while being beagles we didn't think too much of it but the next time we went the area was cordened off with police tape and lots off police vans &helicopter was sweeping over the area the dogs had gone to It turned out that a body had been found it had been there for a while & was decomposing It was in the news later that it was a homeless person about 30 years of age and no other person was involved,it makes me shudder thinking about it .
Eeeewww scary!