Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 05:50 PM

Homeopathic vaccination?

Just read on a breeders site that they use a homeopathic vaccination on their dogs, I've not heard of this before.

Can anyone give me any more info on it?
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I use homeopathic noseodes - from Ainsworth's I think - am sure their site will explain them better than I can
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Well quite honestly, I think that's just irresponsible. Homeopathic "medicines" have been demonstrated to be no more effective than placebos, so this amounts to no vaccine at all. If you choose not to vaccinate your dog, you should do it with your eyes open.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
If you choose not to vaccinate your dog, you should do it with your eyes open.
I choose not to vaccinate traditionally and have made that educated decidion for the past 13 years - my dogs are routinely blood tested and have so far never been lacking in immunity .....

Totally and absolutely NOT irresponsible, done with the health of my animals in mind - watch your best friend suffering as a result of vaccination related problems, spend years researching and then decide whether or not it is irresponsible.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
I choose not to vaccinate traditionally and have made that educated decidion for the past 13 years - my dogs are routinely blood tested and have so far never been lacking in immunity .....

Totally and absolutely NOT irresponsible, done with the health of my animals in mind - watch your best friend suffering as a result of vaccination related problems, spend years researching and then decide whether or not it is irresponsible.
Couldn't agree more
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 08:45 PM

I wasn't questioning the decision to not vaccinate (that's a whole other thread, and I am well aware of the arguments for and against), just saying it's a decision to make with your eyes open. If your dogs have natural immunity, then that's great, but it's not homeopathy that does it.
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
but it's not homeopathy that does it.
Well given that homeopathic nosodes are made from the virus concerned no different in theory to traditional vaccines yet without the toxic mercury and other preservatives used - on what grounds do you say this?
wolfdogowner
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
Well given that homeopathic nosodes are made from the virus concerned no different in theory to traditional vaccines yet without the toxic mercury and other preservatives used - on what grounds do you say this?
Interesting. Anyone got a link to convincing evidence?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2010, 08:33 AM

Excellent post, I couldn't agree more having now lost 3 dogs all linked or as a direct cause of vaccinations at a very young age in the last 6years. The suffering each went through was heartbreaking.
In 36 years I have never lost one due to not vaccinating, I routinely titre test now.
I'm not sure about the nosodes, whether they work or not. I wonder if it is just a case that they seem too because the dog is not being pumped full of unneccesary vaccine.
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Yes, I've had trouble with vaccinations in my oldest 2 dogs and haven't vaccinated any of my others since with no disease problems as a result at all.

Disease only afflicts the unhealthy, so I build a good strong immune system with a natural unprocessed diet and also I avoid all toxins like flea and worm preventatives too which have been proved to inhibit the immune system.

I use homeopathy extensively for both my own dogs and the dogs at the shelter I manage yet don't use the nosodes prophylacticly as I prefer to use them if and when I know my dogs have had exposure to a disease which is actually how they were intended to be used by the creator of homeopathy.

However, most modern homeopathic vets prefer to use them as a prophylactic and I think that is acceptable if they are used wisely and not regularly since once antibodies are formed against viruses they are for life anyway.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >