Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2009, 05:11 PM

Doggie damage.

What's the worst damage your doggie friend has caused in your house/ garden etc?

Up until now Vito had chewed a few heels, off a boot and a stiletto. Not bad going I thought...

This morning i was changing my bed clothes and in the time it had taken me to put the sheets in the wash and start the cycle, my precious pooch had dug up my mattress!!! The stuffing all pulled out and the sptings exposed. I could have wept!

I've turned it over and hope to get a month or two out of it before having to part with the cash for a new one.

So help me not feel so bad with your tales of doggie damage.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Tilly threw up on the bed this morning! but dont panic, its on my boyfriends side!! phew!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Molly ate the door frames! And Dizzy ate through the cable to my laptop rendering it useless as I couldn't charge it!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Tilly has destroyed 3 mobile phones, 1 sky remote, a heel off an expensive shoe & when she was a puppy she weed on the extension plug whilst I was sewing & I didn't see it until I unplugged it & got an electric shock
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-12-2009, 05:36 PM
It is hard to say. Peggy ate a big hole in the drivers seat of my truck. The scariest one was Kate eating the flex on the feed to the A/C compressor. Tux ate a big piece of the corner of the ottoman cushion. I haven't figured how to fix that.

This wasn't his dog, but my son sent us this today, http://ihasahotdog.com/2009/12/26/fu...beanbag-chair/
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Dale really enjoyed my Ekorness leather chair Mercifully he started on the underside so the repair doesn't show
He also chewed through the house alarm cable though to reach it he had to lift the expensive new flooring we'd bought because I didn't want carpet in the kitchen with a puppy. Of course it ripped in the process.
Then there's the little matter of the wall in the hall. He had a buster collar on and like a fool I thought he was lying peacefully with a dog chew. He was, but what he actually chewed was the wall
Thank goodness we had a crate for times when we we couldn't supervise him. Oh also he chewed through the cable for the lights in the back of the car. He must have been the chewiest puppy ever. Thank goodness Chip was content with toys and bones.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Jamie... chewed skirting boards, remote control, pair of new expensive trainers, kitchen cupboards, dresser, cable from pc to printer, carpets...

Deacon... broke the keyboard on old laptop, chewed doors, skirting boards, chairs, and chewed through bt box and cables so without home phone and internet for a few days and dug holes in garden...

Codee... made above holes alot lot bigger, chewed carpets, wooden stool, chairs... so far

They also have lots of toys, teething toys as pups, kongs, nylabones and other soft toys!!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Trip used to pick on one thing if she was left loose....it was usuaklly a DVD or a wooden ornarmental box that type of thing....

But a few days after getting a new car - she went through the back seat belts! Luckily it didn;t need an MOT for a couple of years!
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Thankyou, I'm feeling better already!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2009, 06:57 PM
I have no flooring in half the kitchen, as the Boxers have destroyed it 4 or 5 times. They've gone through carpet, lino and carpet tiles. Bare floorboards seem to work quite well

Neither do they have 'proper' beds. They are allowed a quilt overnight, but it gets taken away during the day. The last quilt was destroyed in the 15mins I went to the local shops on a Saturday (about a month ago).

They've also eaten phone chargers, mail, chopping boards, loo roll, magazines, hard plastic dog beds and a wicker one, 10 cushion dog beds (which is why we don't buy them), and random parts of skirting/edging in the kitchen.

You'd think at nearly 4 and 3, they'd grow out of it...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >