View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
clyde_baby
New Member!
Male 

24-12-2009, 11:34 AM

GSD needed,our big boy now in doggie heaven!

Hi,
I'm new to this and am now looking for a new challenge.We had our wonderful big male GSD Monty put to sleep a fortnight ago (tumour on spleen,inoperable) and now having overcome the loss we need to fill his paws!We rescued Mont from a charity where we were told he had had at least six previous homes,probably many more,this when he was 3 years old.Weighing 45kg of pure muscle,he had never met another dog, been on a lead or even played with a toy.After a year with 3 training classes and dozens of hours walking etc per week he received his Gold KC obedience award.Despite muscle pulls and broken bones(ours,not the dogs!!!), we were NOT going to give in like all his previous owners and all that time spent in all weathers rewarded us with the most loyal and eager to please dog I have ever had.
So if there is anyone needing to find a home for a big male GSD,get in touch,I can assure you that after the Montster no challenge would be offputting.
Merry Christmas,
Stuart
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Well done for offering another GSD a home Stuart
a few places in the South for you to look are
Vigil http://www.vigilgsdrescue.org.uk/
biggsd http://s10.zetaboards.com/biggsd/index/
Garbo`s GSD http://garbosgermanshepherddogrescue.co.uk/
and welcome
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2009, 12:18 PM
I was going to suggest BIGGSD too. There are LOADS of GSDs needing homes, especially on that site.
RedyreRotties
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope some (very lucky) dog will be coming to live with you and help heal your loss very soon.
OliOliOli
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2009, 01:39 PM
My cousin is looking for a home for his Akita... he is emergrating to Australia in the new year and is desperate for a loving home for her... she is 7 and huge soft bundle of joy.. I know its a total different breed but if you are interested let me know.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2009, 01:44 PM
I took a huge GSD dog & a bitch into GSD rescue near York but that's probably a bit far for you, no vices other than pulling on the lead(because he had never been walked for ages)super temperament, he was a really softie, was rehomed because the two dogs barked & owner had been served with 5 ASBOs for the noise they made(& the two dogs had produced 3 litters back to back !!!)
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2009, 05:09 PM
You could also look here
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi there

So sorry to hear of your loss - it's never easy and always very sad. Hope the pain of losing him soon fades to wonderful reflection on very happy memories.

We have several GSD's at the moment - please check out Archie, Blake, Bruno & Kiya on our website.

Let me know if you need any more info and if you are interested in homing any please complete our homing questionnaire on our website.

With best wishes
Sharon
Rescue Remedies
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Blake could really do with some help if you are able - he is currently in kennels and not doing well - he will be two in February, 2010. Blake is a cross GSD/Rottie - about 75% GSD/25% Rottie - he has the coat, temperament and shape of a Shepherd and the colouring of a Rottie.

Here is an update from Lynne who saw him in kennels yesterday:

"Poor Blake if ever a dog needed foster it's Blake. His coat has gone dull, he has dropped a lot of weight and he is reactive to dogs passing his kennel.

We had a lovely walk today and shared food and love. I got lots of licks which I cherished as Blake isn't very gifty with his kisses. Somedogs have such tough beginnings.

Those that breed them bleed them..."!