Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-12-2009, 08:03 PM

Anyone use SKYPE - Problem

If anyone uses SKYPE maybe they could advise.

Yesterday I downloaded the program and paid 10 Euros and even managed to make a call now tonight I click on the SKYPE icon and a screen comes up but no dial pad (I have of course logged in)

After searching around for ages and checking all the FAQ's (Useless as usual ) I find something which says go to the 'Main Page' but does not tell me where the 'Main Page' is

Apparently this is where the dial pad is located.

Does anyone know where the main page is and how I get the dial pad up to make a call......................please
DogBoy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Although i don't use Skype i vaguely remember something like this happening to my dad, turns out he had switched the view to minimal therefore hiding the keypad. Try this link

http://www.skype.com/help/guides/changeview/
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
Although i don't use Skype i vaguely remember something like this happening to my dad, turns out he had switched the view to minimal therefore hiding the keypad. Try this link
Thanks Marc - I will give that a go tonight
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2009, 07:29 PM
I always thought that this was free to download it may of changed since.......it never asked me for any cash when i went to download it.

Unless it asks when you have installed it as i never got that far
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2009, 08:33 PM
On mine I have underneath the contacts list a call phone icon, If I click on it it brings up the keypad....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Thanks Marc - I will give that a go tonight
I had a reply from a human at Skype Didn't solve problem but gave a few pointers, that was yesterday Sat.

Originally Posted by leo View Post
I always thought that this was free to download it may of changed since.......it never asked me for any cash when i went to download it.
Unless it asks when you have installed it as i never got that far
Thanks Leo, yes it is free to download and free to other Skype users but you have to put some dosh on to make calls to 'normal' people

Originally Posted by Moli View Post
On mine I have underneath the contacts list a call phone icon, If I click on it it brings up the keypad....
Thanks Moli, I couldn't get into that screen.

So thanks to you all, the basic problem was that I did not have the second Skype icon on my desktop, the blue one that says 'Launch Skype' when you move your cursor over it.

I had previously downloaded the program about 20 times over the last two days and suddenly tonight when I did it again in one last desperate effort the blue icon appeared on my desktop, why it wasn't there before (and i swear to you all it was not) I will never know, I was getting really fed up and very unpleasant but now all is working I'm a happy bunny again, computers grrrrrrrrrrrrr