Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 10:55 AM

Cast offs (tv drama/comedy)

Anyone see it?

Its on on tues about 11pm, its about a group of disabled people stranded on a desert island for a reality tv show.
Its very dark humour, basically a load of disabled people taking the piss out of themselves! You kinda find it offensive but hilarious!
Its a series so try and catch it if you can its worth a look.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I watched it and was disappointed.
It just seemed to be trying to be too many things. There were the serious bits about how the young guy became paralysed and how he was dealing with it mixed in with the group stuff, which wasn't that funny anyway.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 03:48 PM
It was on Tuesday and Wednesday, different days for different people.
Some of it was good, some wasn't! I'd like more of the story about them being on the island!
I will be watching the rest though
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I watched it and was disappointed.
It just seemed to be trying to be too many things. There were the serious bits about how the young guy became paralysed and how he was dealing with it mixed in with the group stuff, which wasn't that funny anyway.
Have not seen it and not sure if it will be on any of the channels we get, but as a general point I find programs about people with disabilities, (unless it's a 'proper' documentary) somewhat tasteless and almost voyeuristic.

As some of you may know I hate the media with a vengance, everyday I await in eager anticipation of some TV production which aims to raise the standards of humour or education for the viewer, instead it seems the media are intent on showing us the midgets, the grossly overweight, and the horrible illness people, obviously I've only seen trailors and I try to hit the 'channel change' button asap but still get a few glimpses, only a few days ago we had some saddo trying to make a program about embarissing pets. Oh well, that thread quickly disappeared into cyberspace so I better shut up before this one follows suit
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Have not seen it and not sure if it will be on any of the channels we get, but as a general point I find programs about people with disabilities, (unless it's a 'proper' documentary) somewhat tasteless and almost voyeuristic.

As some of you may know I hate the media with a vengance, everyday I await in eager anticipation of some TV production which aims to raise the standards of humour or education for the viewer, instead it seems the media are intent on showing us the midgets, the grossly overweight, and the horrible illness people, obviously I've only seen trailors and I try to hit the 'channel change' button asap but still get a few glimpses, only a few days ago we had some saddo trying to make a program about embarissing pets. Oh well, that thread quickly disappeared into cyberspace so I better shut up before this one follows suit
Harvey, have you turned into Victor Meldrew recently?

This program in particular is not a 'proper' documentary but a drama...... all ficticious, except for the disabilities of those concerned...... and how do you differentiate between a horrible illness and a non-horrible one?
TV in itself is voyeuristic after all.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 06:22 PM
They are not acting their disabilities ...they all really have the disability but are acting the show.