Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-10-2009, 09:48 PM

Home urgently needed for staffy cross- darlington at risk of PTS

I received this message on another forum i am on and am trying to help these people out in finding a permanent home ideally or at least a foster or rescue place as he will be put to sleep...can anyone help? Please let me know and i can pass details on.
This was the post:-

Hi there, I am posting on behalf of my mother. She has a dog that she is unable to keep due to moving and she can't take the dog with her. He is currently staying at my brothers, but he can't stay there either as he is very rarely in.

Ok, George is a small 8 year old, 3 legged, toffee coloured staffy cross. He is a lovely natured dog, but he does not like other animals at all, so this is no good if you already have other pets. He's not too keen on a leash (we think he was beat with one by a previous owner) but he is slowly getting used to it. He is good with children, but he needs his own space occasionally as it can obviously be a bit overwhelming for him sometimes. He doesnt require a large amount of exercise, he tires easily because of the leg he has missing (think it was from an accident when he was a puppy).

I would take him but I already have a dog myself. We've already tried the animal shelters but theyre all full and if we dont find anywhere for him to go then we'll have to get him put down which none of us want.

Thanks, Laura
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Have you tried dogs trust?
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 08:40 PM
I have asked her to get a list to me of whom she hjas already tried and will mention dog trust if she hasnt already.
Thanks
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Been in touch with the owner regularly and was still trying to find a place after i got a place for them with Many tears rescue which they turned down and just got this message after i checked in with them last night:

There's no point now. My mum took him to the blue cross yesterday and they said because he couldnt wear a collar or lead (we think he was beat by a previous owner with one) no where would be able to rehome him so they thought it would be best to have him put down. So they did. Of course she could have just taken him home and looked after him herself. Im not very happy.
Thanks for your help anyways,

Laura

I dont know what else to say, i feel distraught!