Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2009, 10:31 PM

Walking in the Dark

Just wondering what collars you use for walking the dogs, in the dark. I have used the flashing , pink Ancol one and have used one which was a proper collar with lights all around it (battery operated). Are those small flashing tags any good? What about the yellow reflective collars?
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Hello WW

Hope you and the guys are well.

Our lot wear hi-viz coats when we go out. Bright yellow with reflective strips on them. Soooo clashes with Isaac

They are light weight, breathable material and the guys light up like Christmas trees for all to see.

Take good care of yourself.

Seoniad
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Thank you Seoniad xxxx

I like the idea but when I let the fur balls run free, I wonder how they would get on if they had the coats on.........I also have a feeling they would refuse to wear them! I know for certain Shunka would.

All well here, hope you and yours are well and big hugs and kisses to the fur kids xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2009, 11:21 PM
hi ww
obviously if you cant sort out how to keep your dogs safe in the dark,it is in the best interests of White Thunder's safekeeping,that he comes to live with Team Asbo!! ....ok?
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Thank you Seoniad xxxx

I like the idea but when I let the fur balls run free, I wonder how they would get on if they had the coats on.........I also have a feeling they would refuse to wear them! I know for certain Shunka would.

All well here, hope you and yours are well and big hugs and kisses to the fur kids xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks WW, will pass them all on and tell them who they are from

My friends two offlead gsd's wear them when we are all out. They are so thin the dogs don't even notice they are wearing them. Velcro strips and on and off in a flash. She wears a head torch too and they light up while they are running in the fields along side us. She does have a light attached to their collars as well. Sorry don't have the make of them though so not much use I'm afraid, sorry.

My first lad would never have worn a coat......one does not do coats!

Give your guys a hug from me, big one

Take care.

Seoniad.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Hi,

I've only seen the flashing or reflective collars with the plastic clip adn Zane always breaks them. Ar ethey made at all wiht a sturdy metal buckel or something that can't be destroyed so easily?

Mine now wear ordinary flat collars and have a reflective lead. I don't allow them off lead in the dark for fear of losing them, particularly when the 2 boys are black on top and Ellie is almost completely black.

They do wear vests though and that's just fo r anormal walk in the dark. 2 velcro strips and lthey light up like a Christmas tree when cars come past. Yiannis didn't like his to begin with but it was tough. He had to wear it or I wouldn't take him out and because of where the straps are, he couldn't get it off himself.

Laura xx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi ww
obviously if you cant sort out how to keep your dogs safe in the dark,it is in the best interests of White Thunder's safekeeping,that he comes to live with Team Asbo!! ....ok?
He is packing as I type!!!!

Originally Posted by SibeVibe View Post
Thanks WW, will pass them all on and tell them who they are from

My friends two offlead gsd's wear them when we are all out. They are so thin the dogs don't even notice they are wearing them. Velcro strips and on and off in a flash. She wears a head torch too and they light up while they are running in the fields along side us. She does have a light attached to their collars as well. Sorry don't have the make of them though so not much use I'm afraid, sorry.

My first lad would never have worn a coat......one does not do coats!

Give your guys a hug from me, big one

Take care.

Seoniad.
Thank you, I will look into that xxxxxxxxxx and consider the hug given xxxxx

Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

I've only seen the flashing or reflective collars with the plastic clip adn Zane always breaks them. Ar ethey made at all wiht a sturdy metal buckel or something that can't be destroyed so easily?

Mine now wear ordinary flat collars and have a reflective lead. I don't allow them off lead in the dark for fear of losing them, particularly when the 2 boys are black on top and Ellie is almost completely black.

They do wear vests though and that's just fo r anormal walk in the dark. 2 velcro strips and lthey light up like a Christmas tree when cars come past. Yiannis didn't like his to begin with but it was tough. He had to wear it or I wouldn't take him out and because of where the straps are, he couldn't get it off himself.

Laura xx
The flashing collars they had a couple of years back were brill, I can't remember the brand, they were from Jolleyes and they were just like a regular fabric collar, but with little lights every so often that were battery operated. The collar had a sturdy clip, but I am guessing the clip was plastic.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Laura, I have just come across this which has a metal buckle:
http://www.bitsnbobstore.co.uk/product12736_306627.aspx
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 08:07 AM
I don't let Jess off in the dark, so she just wears what she wears normally
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Is it me or have flashing collars come along way in the last year or so!!! Look at this one:

http://www.theglowcompany.co.uk/acat...OG_COLLAR.html
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »