Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:00 AM

Poor Stumpy got flattened this morning

Clumsy Tip strikes again....

I was so careful to make sure that he was nowhere near Hoki when I threw her ball that I didn't even think about Stumpy when I threw hers. She was running flat out to chase her ball and Tip just ran full pelt straight into her (accidently, he never does any of this on purpose and of course it is pretty dark at the times I walk now)

Poor girl yelped really loudly and was really subdued on the rest of the walk - no more running around for her.

It wasn't until I got home and had a good look at her in the light that I saw she's got a mark really close to her eye - not sure quite what's happened, but it looks like there is a small chunk of skin missing. She was as good as gold while I cleaned it, bless her, but very, very quiet afterwards - didn't really want her breakfast, but did pick at it.

I hope its nothing more than bruising but at least OH is home with them and will take her to the vet if need be.
lakeland_lass
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Oh poor Stumpy, hope she is feeling better soon.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:14 AM
ouch poor stumpy, I hope shes ok, big hug to stumpster.

ETA: Holly used to do this to the others when she was younger, she did it on purpose, its something she grew out of, I have never figured out compleatly why she did it though.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Poor Stumpy...hope she's ok xxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by lakeland_lass View Post
Oh poor Stumpy, hope she is feeling better soon.
Thank you

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
ouch poor stumpy, I hope shes ok, big hug to stumpster.

ETA: Holly used to do this to the others when she was younger, she did it on purpose, its something she grew out of, I have never figured out compleatly why she did it though.
because she's a cheeky lass? I'm sure that Tip isn't doing it on purpose - he does like to 'buzz' Hoki, running right up to her, but he does intend on stopping - its usually when the grass is wet and he skids that accidents happen with her. But generally he just doesn't look where he is going (he was looking where Hoki was) - I've never known a dog like him for it. Even when he's doing agility, half the time he's still not looking ahead and ends up crashing through the jump instead of over it!

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Poor Stumpy...hope she's ok xxxx
Thanks Sheree, I hope so too, I really didn't like how quiet she was afterwards.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:38 AM
aw, poor stumpy. hope she is ok. and silly boy tip
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:39 AM
[quote=Hali;1789667]
because she's a cheeky lass? I'm sure that Tip isn't doing it on purpose - he does like to 'buzz' Hoki, running right up to her, but he does intend on stopping - its usually when the grass is wet and he skids that accidents happen with her. But generally he just doesn't look where he is going (he was looking where Hoki was) - I've never known a dog like him for it. Even when he's doing agility, half the time he's still not looking ahead and ends up crashing through the jump instead of over it![quote]

he needs fitting with wing mirrors that lad...lol
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Ouchies, never nice for the accident prone, Louis has been rolled a few times but now he won't chase the ball unless it is only him (and maybe Jed). That instinct of "I am getting this ball" is over "watch out coming through". They need to be rolled in foam and have a helmet on to save them from injury. Hope he recovers soon.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 11:45 AM
oh bless her. Hope she is okay.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Poor Stumpy, I hope she is better by the time you get home.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >