Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
border pop
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2009, 02:59 PM

Rough judging

Won't say which show or what breed but went to a show and have come back feeling a bit miffed. The judge was sending everyone off in a triangle, then away and back and then around to to the back of the queue. When it was my turn i did the triangle and was about to do the away and back when s/he told me to go back in line. I didn't even get to show the dogs expression. Also the judge i feel was overly rough when going over my dog.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2009, 03:31 PM
If I thought somebody was overly rough with my dog, they'd get a mouthful off me, wherever and whoever they were!

Sounds like you didn't get a fair go at it but there will be other shows, so don't let it bother you too much We live and learn
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Judges at the very least should be careful when going over the dogs and courteous to the handlers, and give them all equal opportunity to show off their dogs.

I have a list of judges who were heavy handed with my dogs who i would not go under again, just for future reference. One of them was so rough when checking Riley had his two little man parts that the poor boy would never show again. He just hated it after that

I believe if you feel the judge is too rough you can report the incident to the Show Secretary (i think??) and they will look into it, as other exhibitors etc. We didnt know this at the time otherwise i'd have definately done it with Riley's judge.