Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2009, 08:25 PM

Wish me luck

On saturday I am judging junior handlers at Britannia and Leek open show. It will be my first time judging and I have been told there are either 6 or 8 entries between 2 age groups 6-11 and 12-16 years.

I have done junior handling with my son since her was 7 he is now 16. I don't mind judging the handling but I don't think I would ever have enough nerve to judge the breed classes.
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Good luck, im sure you will be fab, let us know how yoiu get on!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Good Luck! And have fun!
sbt4eva
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2009, 09:05 PM
All the best and good luck.
Just relax,have fun..you will be fine.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2009, 12:49 PM
We had a great day 6 junior handlers entered 3 in each class. Unfortunatley only 1 turned up for the younger age group. A very smart young man with a very naughty american cocker pup. He had not been handling long and was very patient with his pup quietly putting him right when he insisted on standing facing his handler on the table.

The older age group was won by a young lady with a shih tzu pup. She had been handling for a while and did everything I asked. 2nd was a young lady with a standard poodle who had not been handling long but did a good job she watched the other handler and took in all she did. 3rd was anoth smart young man with a whippet again an inexperienced handler he did very well but not quite as good as the 2nd place it was very hard to split these two.

I also had my lot eneterd in the breed classes Holly and Amber bother came 4th in their classes unfortunatley Simba and Owen didn't get placed. Although it was hound day at Leeds there was a massive entry of 28 whippets. We also got 2nd in AV puppy bitch with Holly 4th inAV sporting with Amber then Amber and her dad Owen did the double with Amber winning AV bred by exhibitor and Owen winning AV not bred by exhibitor. So not a bad day after all and although there was a lot of black clouds around the rain held off even though the field was like a mud bath and some people had to be towed of by a tractor.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm glad it went well
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Well Our Dogs were quick. The show was only 2 weeks ago tomorrow I emailed the critique on the following monday night and it is in the results pages in this weeks paper. It is on page 22 of Our Dogs 2
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Good luck honey - I'm sure you'll be superb!