Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:01 PM

Everyone in the room wanted to eat me!!

Ok so at the moment I work in a wild life hospital centre, well I am doing a apprenticeship there, and today I walked into a room where everybody wanted to eat me!!

It all started as a hetic day today, first of all I had to help the nurses by holding a Chinese water deer while they tried to help it, which included me holding it while they done three attempts at a IV, and also while they tried to push a bone back in its front leg, I got a bit covered in blood at that point.

But after that I had to go and work in the large mammels room, which is full of foxes and badgers, still with blood all down my legs, every animal in the large mammels wanted to eat me .

Altough I did get through the day fine, Damien the devil fox was fine, Diesel fox was sweet as usual, but still a pain, and Pumpkin is getting over his mange don't worry they are the only ones that I have named and the rest on the other side were ok aswell.

At the end of the day though I leaned over one of the sides, where the fox pens are underneath to open the window, forgetting about the blood, and Diesel fox tried to attack my leg, he managed to grab my tabad, or apron thingie, and had some of my jeans to, trust it to be Diesel fox who tried to eat me, silly thing!! I did stop it though, without too much damage to my jeans

After this though I had to get on the bus, and my uniform is a blue hoodie, it has the name of the wildlife hospital on it, but I don't think that no-one saw that bit , and for some reason no-one wanted to sit next to me, while I was covered in blood, with torn jeans and a hoodie on, I wonder why??

I also wonder if any of them are watching the news today to try and work out what I did lol.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:06 PM
That must be a great job to do though,I wish I'd worked with animals instead of people!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Wow, I'm so envious. I'd love your job! Blood and all.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:16 PM
It is a great job I love it, the only problem is, is when the media come round, everything gets a lot more stressed when their around, wish they stayed at home lol.

But the blood is nothing to me, its better then cleaning up some of the animals lol.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Great stuff - but you might want to keep a change of clothes there!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Being a ex animal worker.................you have the best job going....I know Keep it up, you'll never have a dull day
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Lol, normally I do, well at least the jeans, but today I woke up late and didn't have time to grab any, and am also behind on my washing to, oops, not anymore though
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
But the blood is nothing to me, its better then cleaning up some of the animals lol.
Hahahaha.... yes, that's the reason I decided against going into vet nursing when I was a young thing! Not only were the wages and opportunities for advancement soooo crap back then, but I could cope much more easily with blood than poo.

Have to hand it to the vet in Earls Court who once interviewed me for a trainee post though - deliberately arranged it so he was spaying a CKCS while talking to me, no doubt to see if I'd keel over!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Being a ex animal worker.................you have the best job going....I know Keep it up, you'll never have a dull day
Nope I won't have one, not with all the animals here, there is loads, and thats just hedgehogs lol. I love it here, I decided long ago that I only want to work with animals, and I'm quite stubborn lol, and so far have had two jobs with them, one without though, and now I don't want any other job, as I don't think that it will be as fun
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Hahahaha.... yes, that's the reason I decided against going into vet nursing when I was a young thing! Not only were the wages and opportunities for advancement soooo crap back then, but I could cope much more easily with blood than poo.

Have to hand it to the vet in Earls Court who once interviewed me for a trainee post though - deliberately arranged it so he was spaying a CKCS while talking to me, no doubt to see if I'd keel over!

Lol on the first day here someone had to hold a swans neck when they done a surgery on it, which included a drill although she fainted, so that was a good start lol.