Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 07:47 PM

Van caging

I have been looking about for caging to fit in the back of the van (hopefully a VW Transporter - WILL NOT be getting another Vito)

I was very lucky when I got the Vito that I had someone who fitted out the van for me exactly as I wanted it
Sadly he is not around anymore so I have been looking about to see what people offer.

Has anyone used Barjo/Lintran or does anyone know of any others that are worth a look?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 08:37 AM
I had a Suzuki Supercarry and had it completely fitted out by Barjo. They do require you to actually visit them so they can measure up and then you have to go back once they are completed so you need to factor in travel etc but they were very good.
Becky
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 09:20 AM
We got a van earlier on in the year and spoke to several companies before deciding to go with Guardsman

I initially wanted to go to Barjo as we have had tailgates/dog guards from them before and the quality was very good (they are also only 30 mins down the road from us) however their service was shocking. We wanted bespoke crates made and after chasing them up 4 or so times for a quote over several weeks I just gave up in the end, they just never got back to me with a quote. They are very good if you want bog standard sizes made but if you want something bespoke I personally wouldn't go to them.

I spoke to several companies and because what we wanted was slightly different (2 of the cages were to be on a raised platform that we also wanted the company to make) we narrowed it down to MMG and Guardsman. We looked at friends crates made by both companies and were happy with the quality. Both had excellent service and correspondance and our decision really came down to the fact we were passing the M1 one weekend and could drop the van off with Guardsman where as MMG were a bit more out of our way.

We have been extremely happy with the cages and would certainly recommend them. The only thing I have found is that the water bowl holders we have don't fit on the 1" mesh (they were fine on our old 2" mesh cages).
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 09:46 AM
THanks - I did a google search and agility net has a list of all about 12 companies. I have looked through all the websites and will call when I finally have the van
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Oh - K9Cages were also very helpful and came recommended too