Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 08:54 AM

Blackpool - dog deaths?

I've read that a couple of dogs have died because they were left in cars when at Blackpool over the weekend. Can anyone confirm this, I think one was a min pin, apparently many many cars had to be broken into as well and I think a dog died because although they broke the window the van was deadlocked and they couldn't get in. People were also not responding to the calls over the tannoy either
If this is the case then every one of those people that left dogs in cars should be named and shamed and something done by the KC. It is appalling.
Becky
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Disgusting. Those people shouldnt be allowed dogs.

There was even a tent there for unentered dogs so there is no excuse. Were they just to tight to pay the £5 (ish??) to put them in there....???
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2009, 09:08 AM
This is always so sad but unfortunately it happens every year and I just don't understand why people don't get it into their heads not to do this.

Maybe a few adverts need to be on the tele about these poor dogs and not to do it.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi,

Thats' terrible news. Definitely name and shame the owners. after all, the dogs would have suffered badly before dying. We should prosecute those responsible!

In this weather, if my dogs can't get out of the car at the other end (depending on where I'm going) then I don't take them. I would NEVER leave them in the car like that.

Laura xx
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Haven't heard anything but it's something I hear at every show (dogs left in cars). I think they should have your registration number when you enter the shows. Then name and shame you over the tannoy if you leave your dog. The KC should also impend a 5 year ban from showing if you were found to leave your dogs in distress. That would make some people think. I appreciate that some vans are kitted up with air con so the dogs are beautifully cool. That's fine, but not leaving them in a car with the tail gate up thinking that's enough. Disgusting and disgraceful.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 10:07 AM
If this is true it is disgusting.
So called Dog lovers who are really only interested in winning at a show and dont love dogs at all. They should be charged for this act of cruelty.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 10:08 AM
I heard a few calls over the tannoy system on sunday for people to go to their cars as their dogs are distressed, I think what was happening, people were taking their dogs to the cars, then going back for their crates etc, and leaving the dogs in the cars til they got back, as at one point the person speaking over the tannoy system was telling people to take their belongings to their cars before they take their dogs, I have not heard of any deaths though, apparently they had officers walking around the car park all day checking vehicles.

mo
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2009, 12:15 PM
I know a rottie deffinately died at blackpool, and i've had 3 unconfirmed reports of a min-pin dying as well.
I'm trying to find out more about the min-pin.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 12:34 PM
ITS TERRIBLE, I dont know about Blackpool, but the Highland Show on Sunday had signs as you were leaving the car park asking if you had left dogs in cars, pictures of dogs with DOGS DIE IN HOT CARS etc - so there is no excuse, its not acceptable and those people should be named and shamed.

What a horrific way for a dog to die, and none of them deserve their dogs - its a case of "Oh it wont happen to us"

awful
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I have not heard of any deaths, but I have a friend who went and she was disgusted by the number of calls over the tannoys for dogs in cars and the people who were arguing with the stewards about thier dogs just being stressed - despite then drinking 3 bowls of water!

Its very worrying that these people are meant to be dog savvy!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >