View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:23 AM

Sometimes I really wonder about my Brain!

We came home from agility last night to find we were having a power cut.

OH made me a sandwhich and I asked him why he wasn't having anything...he says 'because I'm going to have cheese on toast'. Me 'so why aren't you having it now'..OH just looks at me 'powercut??' DOH.

2 seconds later, I went into the lounge, tried to turn on the TV. DOH

5 seconds later, I decide I'll read instead, only its getting a little dark, so I'll turn on one of the table lamps. DOH

Up to bed - ah, the alarm clock is electric, I'll use my mobile phone - has it enough charge to last through the night? -ooh, I know, I'll plug it in by the bed. DOH

At that stage I decided it was better if I just crawled into bed, put the duvet over my head and didn't try to do any more thinking until the morning
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:25 AM

blame it on the heat hun....
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Oh yes blame it on the heat, my brain is addled at the moment lol!
Becky
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:36 AM
that sounds similar to me last time we had a powercut! You don't realise how much you rely on electricity until it's not there!

It's amazing how much we take things for granted which has just reminded me There's a programme on this week I think about a guy who gets rid of everything in his house that's
not made in Britain to see if he can run his house the same as before. Should make for quite good viewing!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Awww, yup my head is melted at the moment!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:59 AM
LOL, I must be as bad as you as i read your titile as there muct be something up with my BRIAN, and sat wondering who on earth he was1
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:02 AM
PMSL at that, just goes to show how much we take for granted.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
that sounds similar to me last time we had a powercut! You don't realise how much you rely on electricity until it's not there!

It's amazing how much we take things for granted which has just reminded me There's a programme on this week I think about a guy who gets rid of everything in his house that's
not made in Britain to see if he can run his house the same as before. Should make for quite good viewing!
That starts on the 8th on Blighty. Really looking forward to it but think it will be quite sad as we no longer have the manufacturing and engineering industry that we once had
Becky
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post

blame it on the heat hun....
good idea Shona..can you think me up an excuse for when its not as hot as well

Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Oh yes blame it on the heat, my brain is addled at the moment lol!
Becky
Glad I'm not the only one then

Originally Posted by esmed View Post

Gosh, wonder how much he has left and whether he'll try and replace it with stuff made in Britain!

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Awww, yup my head is melted at the moment!
I'm sure agility didn't help - they always say what a good mental work out for the dog it is - no-one told me that I'd have to think as well

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
LOL, I must be as bad as you as i read your titile as there muct be something up with my BRIAN, and sat wondering who on earth he was1
That has made me feel sooo much better (after checking that I really had typed Brain and not Brian)
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 05:10 PM
LOL, glad I'm not the only one that would do that I caught myself trying to put the kettle in the fridge not that long ago....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >