Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 01:41 PM

Dog tags

Hey, was wondering what type of dog tags everyone uses and also what information you have on yours?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 01:42 PM
I use the brass tags, cat size ones and on it is their name, microchipped and my phone number.
Becky
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 01:44 PM
We use the Red Dingo tags.
Legally you have to have the owners name and address on the tag, we also have a phone number and 'MICROCHIPPED'
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Ours both have medium sized discs.
On one side, it has my partner's surname (I didn't want my married name on the tag and hadn't yet gone back to my maiden name at that point) and our telephone number, and on the other side, our full address. Ella also has a vanity tag with "Bone Idol" on it (which I always think should read "Bone Idle" as she's a lazy mare, not a diva) that I found in Asda when we were on our way to collect her and I thought it was cute

I keep meaning to get another tag that I can have "microchipped" and "neutered" on and our vet's telephone number.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 01:57 PM
We have a diamond encrusted bone shape tag! Not real diamonds though eh!
It has our surname, address & phone no. on.
We were told this is what should be on it by law (even if they are microchipped)
We do not have the dog's name on it - I think this is best in case your dog is stolen.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 04:20 PM
We actually have two, held by separate split rings.They are both enamelled on one side. They are deep engraved with black paint in the engraving.One says "I am microchipped scan me" with my mobile number. the other has our surname,both phone numbers, the word microchipped, and our post code.....
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 04:49 PM
We use the plates that slide on to the collar from Indigo collars. Lots of information on them, our name, post code and house number, house phone no. and both mobile nos. and Dale's also says microchipped because I know his chip has moved.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 04:52 PM
I use the Pet IDtags. Medium round and octagonal. (You can have 6 lines of engraving on each side).

Mine have Surname/housename/postcode and phone number on one side. Vets/ phone number (vets) and 'Vets bills will be paid' on the other.
they are deep engraving with black paint and have lasted nearly 2 years now
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 05:14 PM
My not-so-darling Lab just lost his one that I payed £10 for a couple of months ago. On it I had his name, my address, my phone number, 'microchipped' and the vets number.

I have just had a temporary one done that just contains my address (first line of, and postcode) and my home and mobile numbers. When I get the time I will re-order a 'proper' one with all the details on it.
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Obi's tag has our address inc postcode, telephone, both mob numbers also states he is chipped.

Our are stainless stell backs but oll of the info is black printed on white and over the top it is a sort of resin. Obi always managed to scratch the engraved ones. These have lasted very well.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >