Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 11:38 PM

Doesn't time fly.....

Well tomorrow (28th) we have been in our house for a whole year. It's gone so quick i'm not even sure where the time went.

This house is mine and Rich's first home together and its been such a fantastic year. It's only now that we've been here a year that i realise how much we've done.

The previous occupants didn't have the best decor sense and we had a lot of cosmetic rather than building work to do but gradually got bits and pieces done and i'm so chuffed with the results.

I'm going to try and compile some before and after pictures this weekend but the only before pictures i have are the ones from the brochere we got emailed from the estate agent.

Probably not that interesting to anyone else but just wanted to share!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm interested hun.

I have loads of before and after photo's of here, (been here nearly 7 years now) it's only when I look back over them do I realise how much we have done.

Cann't wait to see your pictures xxxxxx

HAPPY ONE YEAR xxxxxx
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm gutted i didn't take any proper pictures before but when it looks like crap you don't feel like you want to take pics!!

I'm going to speak to my brother in law this weekend and see if he knows how to extract the pics from the PDF i've got. I might even ask the estate agent!!

With it being our first house I feel quite sentimental about it all. Just cuddled up with Monty on the sofa and realised how much i love my house despite it being in a rubbish area.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I'm gutted i didn't take any proper pictures before but when it looks like crap you don't feel like you want to take pics!!

I'm going to speak to my brother in law this weekend and see if he knows how to extract the pics from the PDF i've got. I might even ask the estate agent!!

With it being our first house I feel quite sentimental about it all. Just cuddled up with Monty on the sofa and realised how much i love my house despite it being in a rubbish area.
If only we could pick up our houses and move it to where we want eh!!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
If only we could pick up our houses and move it to where we want eh!!!
Oh indeed! Don't get me started on some of our neighbours!! We have some very irresponsible dog owners two doors down and it grates at me every day.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 07:55 AM
the time does fly.. we've been here for three months and I still have some boxes to unpack
I loved my old house too - but that neighbourhood had gone very iffy.. I had said to mom I wanted to beam it up lock stock and barrel.. and move it somewhere nice.
Never mind, hon, areas change, you carry on enjoying the house and maybe the rough element will move away.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 08:01 AM
I'd definitely like to see photos, Esme.

Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 08:43 AM
We have been moved 12 weeks as well and still have loads of stuff in boxes partly due to the fact that a lot of it is johns fathers stuff which should have been chucked
We actually filled a 45ft pantecnican you should have seen it reverse down the drive.
This is getting away from the thread, I'm glad you have had a good first year in your new house, and to the rest of us who have moved keep on sorting

Jeanette
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I finally worked out how to extract images from a PDF so here's my before and after shots. After shots were taken in June last year so the house looks more lived in if i were to take them today and yes that means messy!!

The Kitchen - Before. Please note the lovely decor and the lovely pink/cerise blinds!!

The kitchen after. Please note it took 4, yes 4 coats of paint to get rid of that red!! And also we do have cupboard doors back under the sink now as well.

The Living Room - Before.

The Living Room - After but without completed fireplace. Paint was lightened up.

And here's what we did with the fireplace:

Master Bedroom - Before:

Master bedroom - After. We do have more furniture in there now, bedside tables and shelves.

And the Bathroom - Before:

The Bathroom - After. Looks different again now as we have shower curtain instead of glass thingy

And finally the spare room, haven't got any before pictures as they weren't in the house brouchere but let me set the scene. It was two tone blue with a wallpaper border of Tottenham Hotspurs. The curtains, carpet and lightshade were all Spurs as well. Nice!!

Here's out it looks now:

Just makes me realise how busy we've been over the year and how much we've got done!

Thanks for looking and hope you liked!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Wow you have been busy and it looks fantastic now. I love before and after pics. Shows how creative we all are here on Dogsey Lovely and tasteful by the way
Elaine x

ps. who's little head is that poking out from the pic of the bedroom? he he Could that be Monty????
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >