Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 10:53 AM

Update on Paddy

My boy Paddy went in Monday and was diagnosed with kidney failure, they kept him in for 48 hours and flushed his system out to get rid of toxins.

When they have restested this morning the toxing are still high after the flush. So they going to run another bag through him and will be bringing him home at 6.

I am realistic and would love to hear from people who have been in same boat. Did they take there dogs home and keep on kd food or spoil them rotten.
How long did they last?
Is the fact the 48 hour flush hasnt removed many toxins mean he hasnt got long?
Just any help guys
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 11:59 AM
sorry I can't offer any help just wanting to say I am thinking of you and Paddy xxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 12:01 PM
No experience just lots of love and hugs for you both.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Same here hun, no advice, just ((((hugs)))
Elaine xx
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
My boy Paddy went in Monday and was diagnosed with kidney failure, they kept him in for 48 hours and flushed his system out to get rid of toxins.

When they have restested this morning the toxing are still high after the flush. So they going to run another bag through him and will be bringing him home at 6.

I am realistic and would love to hear from people who have been in same boat. Did they take there dogs home and keep on kd food or spoil them rotten.
How long did they last?
Is the fact the 48 hour flush hasnt removed many toxins mean he hasnt got long?
Just any help guys
I'm sorry Julia, but the high toxin level doesn't look good. When Loki went to hospital he was flushed for two days with no improvement, I was told he had anything from four weeks left, so I politely refused the crap food they wanted to give me and gave him the tasty, and healthy of course, food that he was used to. Loki was gluten intolerant, so the kd food was giving him terrible wind and runs which he didn't need on top of everything else. Just spoil him and love him, give him what he likes. Loki lived three weeks after coming out of hospital, but there's nothing to say that Paddy won't have many months left. Each day as it comes. For both of you.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 12:34 PM
I have no experience or advice, but just wanted to say I am thinking of you and Paddy.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks Lokis Mum thats what I thought, and its just killed me but I knew, boy it hurts doesnt it?
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Good luck with him and (((hugs))) to you both x
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Thanks Lokis Mum thats what I thought, and its just killed me but I knew, boy it hurts doesnt it?
When I found out he had little time left I was devastated, but I think my friends and family made it worse by trying to convince me that the vets were probably wrong and he would be OK. I just wanted to scream at them 'He's NOT Ok! Just listen to me!' It was how I prepared myself for what I had to do for him. I couldn't have gone through with it if I had been in denial. But I have no guilt in letting him go because he didn't suffer. I know that Paddy is your baby and so loved. It hurts so much but you have to get your head around it don't you?

I'm probably coming across as totally cold and heartless, but I'm sitting here in tears thinking of you and Paddy.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Kc my wee shar pei had kidney failure, she had a really good week I as LM didn't feed her the crappy vet food but gave her light protiens, spoilt her rotten with cottage cheese n pineapple, chicken n fish just whatever she preferred, I was lucky enough to spen her last week with her, as hard as it is, I was glad to be there for her, I took her back to the vet as she had taken another turn for the worse, he offered steroids ect at first I said yes, but as he went to get the meds I spoke to OH and we both felt it was kinder to let her go, when the vet came back he agreed with us, she was pts that evening, as long as you feel Paddy is happy, you spoil him as much as you can, give him a cuddle from me please, you keep your chin up for him xx
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »