Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 08:14 PM

Dogsey problem with AOL

I have only been able to get on Dogsey for the last 3 weeks using Internet Explorer. I just noticed a post from another member (Helena) having problems with AOL and Dogsey. Is anyone else having the same probs? I have contacted AOL and they said to uninstall AOL and then reinstall it again, has anyone tried that yet? I am not pc savvy at all so would like to know if this action cures it, before I try it and probably kill my computer altogether.
rottiedad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-03-2009, 08:20 PM
im on sky and just go on through the email
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 09:00 PM
I've installed another version of AOL i.e. the V9 version which I found somewhere and thought it might be a good idea, so if you want to reinstall it could very well make a difference? If you look on your desktop there might be an icon to reinstall it perhaps, I think I've seen one there? Either that, or go on one of their download sites and see what takes your fancy? The V9 is good, but of course I lost all my e-mail addresses etc. If you have decided to reinstall, then you must go on puter check up and see what they can delete for you coz you might end up with both versions still on there, and just click the fix it for me and it will be cleared whilst you just sit back and watch! Lol!

I still can't get on Dogsey with aol, I'm still using IE
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm having the same problem. Have to use Internet Explorer to get on here. Hubby has reinstalled aol already and it made no difference at all. He said that aol's browser is not compatible with a lot of programmes and some webpages. So looks like I'll be sticking with Internet Explorer
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Im on aol and have checked and its fine. My only advice would not use aol's "bloat"ware and just use a normal browser(ie, firefox, opera) and a email client(outlook, live mail, thunderbird) to access your email as the aol software is more trouble than its worth
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks guys, we have been with AOL for years but this last 12 months it has been a real pain in the butt. I feel so annoyed most of my family are with them and we are all getting problems, and it's not cheap either. I can get on dogsey easily with IE but think why should I have to do that when I am bl**dy paying AOL to do a decent job. My daughter can't get on YO either unless she goes through IE. AZZ have you upset someone at AOL?
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I've installed another version of AOL i.e. the V9 version which I found somewhere and thought it might be a good idea, so if you want to reinstall it could very well make a difference? If you look on your desktop there might be an icon to reinstall it perhaps, I think I've seen one there? Either that, or go on one of their download sites and see what takes your fancy? The V9 is good, but of course I lost all my e-mail addresses etc. If you have decided to reinstall, then you must go on puter check up and see what they can delete for you coz you might end up with both versions still on there, and just click the fix it for me and it will be cleared whilst you just sit back and watch! Lol!

I still can't get on Dogsey with aol, I'm still using IE
Thanks Helena I have the V9 version already installed, I will have to write down all my favourites as well before I unintall it and reinstall it as they will all be lost as well won't they? What a pain.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 07:59 AM
I have had same probs with aol re dogsey.

Re costs I pay 6.99 a month for everything broadband and unlimited calls and can pay a little more for unlimited international calls.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Petstalk View Post
I have had same probs with aol re dogsey.

Re costs I pay 6.99 a month for everything broadband and unlimited calls and can pay a little more for unlimited international calls.
How strange is that coz I pay AOL about £20 a month for nothing! I don't use their phone, I'm sticking with my BT, all I have from them is a c*ap broadband facility! I wish I hadn't gone with them and if and when I get a new puter I will be changing,but for the time being because they fill your puter with so much of their own c*ap you can never uninstall it all - apparently! With everyone else having the same problems getting on dogsey I won't even try to bother to cure that then!

I find aol so slooooooow too when I've been online for a bit, and my puter "hums" at me a lot too, probably coz it's busting at the seams with all that rubbish aol has installed on it!
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 10:55 AM
I was paying 14.99. I told them I was leaving being way too exspensive and they gave me that price and I got two months free for my upset.
I still pay bt for the line not the calls. Ihave been happy with aol so far re calls but the broadband service itself isn't very reliable re aol softwhere.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >