Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 04:33 PM

Look who's come to live with us

If you remember a while back I was looking for a cat, but the bengal cross fell through? Well yesterday I had a call from a lovely lady living in Swindon to say her mum had passed away 3 months ago and she had a lovely black cat, that although was loving to dogs and people, just didn't get on with her own cats, so she was looking for a home for him. The daughter is actually a dog minder during the day, so the cat is used to dogs of all shapes and sizes.

He's 3 years old, neutered, fully vaccinated, been recently wormed and flea treated, so this morning we went to have a look, after things not going to plan last time, I went with an open mind, thinking it was probably some manky old moggy, but I was completely wrong.

Let me introduce you to Scatty (who's name might change yet) apparently he was a scatty catty as a kitten, but he's lovely now and the name seemed to stick.

He came straight in, introduced himself to the dogs, who didn't have a clue what/who this 'thing' was, he had a nose around the living room, looked out the window, then finally plonked himself down on the dresser.

So it looks like I might have to join Dogsey's sister company as I'm going to have lots of questions to ask!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 04:40 PM
scatty catty ...........aw you gotta keep the name x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Congratulations, he's beautiful.

When our Izzy had her kittens my daughter named one of them scatter cat because he was so scatty

Welcome to Dogsey Scatty xx
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 04:43 PM
It was Abi that wanted the cat, and you know what she's like, she said it was fate to get a black cat on Friday the 13th......although we did pick him up today.....lol. She told me when she moves out she's taking him with her, although she wont' be going just yet as she starts her 3 year Uni course in September, and living at home.

It's so funny watching a cat move, they are so light and quick on their feet unlike my 'bull in a china shop' cockers....lol.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Awww so sweet. Scatter is a good name but thats coming from someone who called their kitten Suicide lol
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Awww he's cute..

Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
Awww so sweet. Scatter is a good name but thats coming from someone who called their kitten Suicide lol

I have a friend whose cat is called Curiosity
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Awww, he is lovely!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Fantastic..................keep the name hun, it's great.

Hi Scatty Catty, welcome
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Scatty cat is just a sweetie

Our cat when I was growing up was called "Puss" - now you can't get more basic than that
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Well so far so good, use the litter tray twice, but just before he did he was pawing at the front door to go out, what a good boy! He's slept most of the afternoon, got a bit fed up when Kieran kept messing with him so he did give a grumble but nothing nasty, so I told him to leave him alone, too much in one day for the poor thing.

Just a couple of questions though:

1} How long should I keep him indoors? he's been used to going out through a cat flap, but obviously he has to get used to us before letting him out.

2} He hasn't drank anything since being here, I've only offered him water, can I try anything else? I will give his previous owner a call in the morning, just wondered if there was anything else I could try before, OH used to have a cat when he lived with his parents, he said they don't drink anywhere near as much as a dog, so maybe I'm just watching him too closely.

Thanks
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >