Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 11:05 AM

Aching back

Just wanted a moan really. I started physio about 3 weeks ago because my back and shoulder were in a lot of pain.

Turns out I have loads of damage to my spine from where they removed the braintumour. I've got damage to my C6 spine which has spread down to my mid-thoracic (sp?).

I went yesterday for physio and he gave me a good going over Now he says the neurological damage from the C6 is spreading down my left arm - the last two fingers keep going numb.

Anyway, my back is constantly aching now. I suppose because I'm having it worked on and having to do exercises. I'm not sleeping very well either because it keeps waking me up.

So generally just feeling sorry for myself. I was going to bake a cake today cos my friend is coming round for a cuppa, but don't think I can manage it

Just when I get one thing sorted, something else goes wrong.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 11:10 AM
poor you, being in constant pain can make you really down
but you are getting physio so hopefully it will start to improve
go buy a lovely sticky cake, i am sure your friend will understand, and you just have some you time
hugs
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Just wanted a moan really. I started physio about 3 weeks ago because my back and shoulder were in a lot of pain.

Turns out I have loads of damage to my spine from where they removed the braintumour. I've got damage to my C6 spine which has spread down to my mid-thoracic (sp?).

I went yesterday for physio and he gave me a good going over Now he says the neurological damage from the C6 is spreading down my left arm - the last two fingers keep going numb.

Anyway, my back is constantly aching now. I suppose because I'm having it worked on and having to do exercises. I'm not sleeping very well either because it keeps waking me up.

So generally just feeling sorry for myself. I was going to bake a cake today cos my friend is coming round for a cuppa, but don't think I can manage it

Just when I get one thing sorted, something else goes wrong.

Awww, as a fellow back sufferer, I know how you feel. Makes you want to just sit and do nothing, as it's so painful to just move.

Mine is different pain. It's muscular and apparently because I have arthritis in my knees, I'm shifting weight when walking, therefore causing an aching back The Consultant sent me for hydrotherapy (exercise in the swimming pool) and it helped alot. Trouble is, I need to go a couple of times a week and time is limited (with eight dogs and three kids) so don't get round to it on a regular basis. Might be worth a try for you though, if you have the time and your doc thinks it wouldn't do any harm
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks guys

I went for hydrotherapy a few years ago when I was learning to walk again. It was lovely - I always felt really relaxed when I came out. I'll mention it to my physio as there's a hydrotherapy pool at the hospital I go to.

I've managed to make some carrot cupcakes, but having a rest now. Might have to take some painkillers but I'm trying really hard not to. It's not too bad when I'm sitting down.

The sun has come out here, so that's cheered me up
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Hon, take the pain killers. You sound like me - I always refuse to take the damn things, and then when I do I get such a relief I wish I'd taken then sooner.

Do it - go on xx
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Ok Vicki, you've persuaded me
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Ok Vicki, you've persuaded me
You'll be pleased you did - honest!

x0x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 02:15 PM
I hated the thought of taking pain killers too, but gave in and took them in the end..

Hugs xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Please take the pain killers it's worth it in the end.
I know how rotten you must be feeling, pain really wears you down.
I have radiotherapy damage to the nerves in my back, which gives me almost constant pain and sometimes means I can't walk.
My philosophy is that without the radiotherapy I would not be here so which is worse!
Good luck enjoy your tea with your friend.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 09:51 PM
The nurses used to say to me 'The doctors solve one problem but give you 5 more in it's place'.

It's taken 7 years for me to get round to sorting my back pain out, but it just seems to be loads worse now. I'm sure my physio knows what he's doing but it is very annoying.

I took two ibuprofen but it didn't help. I might go to my GP and see if I can get something a bit stronger.

I had a lovely walk with Bryan to the narture reserve this afternoon. The sun was shining and it seemed like Spring is just round the corner. So I'm more cheerful now.

P.S. Nippy thanks for the reps hun xxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >