View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
B3utifulmind
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Crazy I was wondering about that (staying downstairs with her just in case). I know I keep saying I'm going to go back upstairs but I don't know if I could honestly leave her just in case. One other thing I've noticed is that my little runty male has a spare toe on his left hind leg. I don't know if it needs to be removed or if that's basically just for cosmetic reason's. He also has a little whirl in his hair in between his head and shoulders (maybe I was prodding him too much when he was still inside momma as it's the perfect size and shape of my finger tip lol). These things make him stand out mind you and he is the smallest of them all lol
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 08:33 AM
I have slept downstairs with my girls from a week before their due date until at least four weeks. I always think I need to be there for my girls, as sometimes they've wanted some goats milk in the middle of the night or to be let out to pee or something. I like to know I'm there for whatever they need. Sounds like you are pretty much the same, so get yourself comfy downstairs - haha!!! The added bonus for me is that my OH is a terrible snorer, so at least I get a break from his snoring - lol.

As for the extra toe thing, do you mean like a dewclaw? If so, my chocolate longcoat has dewclaws on her back legs (as well as the front). I had her checked out and the Vet said it was nothing to worry about, just happens sometimes. She's over a year now and they've caused no problems whatsoever, just an extra couple of nails to clip when grooming!

The little lad you are talking about sounds a sweetie!
B3utifulmind
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Cheeky we're definately 2 peas on a pod except I live on my own so can't use the snoring excuse lol It's not a dewclaw that runty has it's a full on toe with pad and everything lol I've called the vet and they say that it shouldn't bother him but will affect his price (bah I'm giving most of them away that doesn't matter to me gggrrrrrr) The way I'm looking at it is that since he's smaller he had to have sommat to make him stand out lol Would you believe that the vets have told me too that it would cost about £280 to have it removed <shocked> I'm thinking of keeping him anyways and if it's not going to bother him I'll leave him as he is It's actually quite sweet lol
B3utifulmind
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-05-2009, 04:37 PM
just a couple more pics lol

This is Runty

Holly-Rosee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:02 PM
i know someone who has a bulldog ,and he has extra toes on he frount feet and hes fine it has'nt affected his movement or anything else
B3utifulmind
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2009, 12:17 PM
well here are some more pics of my little boys and girls. Only two to rehome now yayyy

Today I got in touch with the police and it looks like girls 2 and 3 are going to become working sniffer dogs for my local dog handlers. I'm donating the dogs to them as I doubt I would ever be able to get better homes for these two little girls and that's all I was interested in. It may have been a stupid mistake my dog having these puppy's but at least I can do the best I can for all of them <very very proud mommy>

Boy 4 if my sister doesn't take him is going to become the 3rd permanent addition to my home as he's just like his daddy (my oh and I call him jerry junior at the moment lol)

So now it's just homes for boys 1 and 3 and I don't think I'll have many problems lol.

Boy 1

Boy 2 (Mac)

Boy 3

Boy 4

Girl 1 (Sasha)

Girl 2

Girl 3

Girl 4 (Daisy)
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Lovely pups and i am sure the last two will find great homes soon. xxx

Strange on is called Daisy my brother in law has a black and White working ESS called Daisy!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Gosh they are growing quickly!! Just 11 days to go now till our litter is due, had litters before but it always makes me nervous, can't wait for the pups to be here now.

I'm certainly not picking holes, but I think their nails could do with a trim, get a pair of baby nail snips and just take the ends off.......sorry if you already know this, but they will be quite sharp on poor mum.
B3utifulmind
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
Gosh they are growing quickly!! Just 11 days to go now till our litter is due, had litters before but it always makes me nervous, can't wait for the pups to be here now.

I'm certainly not picking holes, but I think their nails could do with a trim, get a pair of baby nail snips and just take the ends off.......sorry if you already know this, but they will be quite sharp on poor mum.

Cracy thanks for this advice I'm afraid to say I didn't know that but I will certainly clip their nails as that may be how my little l&w ended up with a cut on his neck (the vets never mentioned it tho <sigh>) and it had a bit of infection so needless to say I was worried sick.

You'll have to let me know when your pups are born I can't wait to see the pics

I can't believe how much stress I've been under worrying about these pups lol. I had to run to the vets with them all again today as I woke up and their bed area was covered in diahrroea (probably not spelt right but oh well you get what I mean). The vet thinks it could be an infection that they might have caught off their mum as she hadn't been too well but as there was little white grainy bits too she thinks that it could also be worms and has given me worming stuff to give them already. I know that they shouldn't be wormed till their two weeks old but she thinks that it's the lesser of two evils to worm them already I'm so stressed and worried but I know it's all worth it as long as they're all ok
Chi-Owner
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Wow..... What lovely puppies you have!
Your doing a great job, I sooooooooo Miss having little puppies. All mine are growing up and all independant....
Hope they are all well soon, My puppies had diarrhea in week 2 and after worming them and mum they were fine.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >