Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Please quote from your Bible where it is stated that having a blood transfusion is wrong. I would really like to know where in your Bible the word"Transfusion"is written.

I am really interested why only JWs can find the word transfusion in their Bible & no one else.

Is it in the Old or New Testaments ?

Do the JWs have a different reproductive system to the rest of us mere mortals who all have shared their blood with their mothers in the womb before we were born ???
It's how they interpret the bible, it doesn't directly mention transfusions of course, you are being facetious.

I work in a maternity hospuital where if a JW comes in there is always anxiety, but I do respect their beliefs no matter how difficult it may be to understand.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Poor boy, I think it was his life and his decision, whether I agree with it or not is completely irrelevant.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
It's how they interpret the bible, it doesn't directly mention transfusions of course, you are being facetious.

I work in a maternity hospuital where if a JW comes in there is always anxiety, but I do respect their beliefs no matter how difficult it may be to understand.
I am not being facetious I know of someone who allowed no less than 5 babies die because they were JWs ! those babies had no choice their parents decided they had to die because of some outdated believe in a crudely written badly translated book some of which was written over 2,000 years ago !
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Please quote from your Bible where it is stated that having a blood transfusion is wrong. I would really like to know where in your Bible the word"Transfusion"is written.

I am really interested why only JWs can find the word transfusion in their Bible & no one else.

Is it in the Old or New Testaments ?

Do the JWs have a different reproductive system to the rest of us mere morals who all have shared their blood with their mothers in the womb before we were born ???
Oh i don't know exactly! Was that word even a word back in god knows when BC? Check out their website if you really want to bother, http://www.watchtower.org/

I would ask my mother but I fear she has more important things to do like bed the goats down for the night than argue about this subject with somebody who just has every intention to try to prove people's belief's 'wrong', an impossible task.

The point of this thread is the man in the OP article followed his faith, to his death. Pretty noble I'd say. A lot more than most people who follow the religion of 'me' would do these days.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:07 PM
I am not being facetious I know of someone who allowed no less than 5 babies die because they were JWs !
It's ok, they believe they'll meet their families again in paradise, a whole nicer place than this world we live in, with a whole nicer load of people occupying it. Do you even understand the religion?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
It's ok, they believe they'll meet their families again in paradise, a whole nicer place than this world we live in, with a whole nicer load of people occupying it. Do you even understand the religion?
You have proof that this"paradise"exists then ? Is it the same one the 9/11 bombers went to ?????
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:10 PM
JoedeeUK, I truly believe I'll see my grandfather, my friend who passed away when we were both 16 and my 3 deceased dogs again one day.

Am I wrong?

I didn't even get this belief from a 'badly written book' I got it from my heart. How dare you say people's beliefs are wrong.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:11 PM
You have proof that this"paradise"exists then ? Is it the same one the 9/11 bombers went to ?????
no...those people went to hell, obviously, duh!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Your usual tack I see

A shocking story, as others have said, I cant understand how a family could allow a child to die needlessly, BUT belief is a very strong emotion , more then that to many folk, its "what makes them who they are" lets face it the Christians were put to death for their beliefs, could we do that, have such strong faith?? not sure.?

So as much as I cant understand it, I sympathize, A sad loss for the family.

But if they have faith to get them through and they believe their son has gone to a good place, so be it.
Tack? I presume you mean "tact"? If so, yes.

These people are indoctrinated in to these religions. I don't think it is right at all, especially where children are concerned. I think it's sick actually. These children don't have a choice and I find it incredibly sad. Of course, children should be brought up with morals, but religions such as JWs are very disturbing.

As I said, my opinion. You or anyone else does not have to agree with any of it and I'm most certainly not expecting anyone to.

I sympathise with the family as well. However, if they believe that allowing someone, their relative, to die because they don't agree with saving someone's life with blood, then I'm afraid I really do not think they are right in the head.

Some beliefs just aren't healthy and JW is one of them.

Again, JMO and my beliefs.

Shoot away!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Very sad. I can`t feel any admiration, I`m afraid. Just regret. The boy was holding to what he`d been taught, and I am sad that this teaching resulted in his death. It comes down to interpretation of a text - and the interpretation is made and preached by humans.
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »