Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 10:45 AM

I did a stupid thing!

The other day I had been out in the morning for a couple of hours and dropped home to pick up the dogs with just five minutes to spare to collect my eldest daughter from preschool, and head out for a picnic at the lakes. When I opened the kitchen door I was greeted with sight of a nappy that had been ripped up and spread around the kitchen. In my rush in the morning I had put in on a chair while I dressed my youngest, because the kitchen bin was full, and forgot to put it in the outside bin. Thankfully it was only a wet one but the dogs had ripped the nappy up and wee soaked silica gel was spread all over the kitchen....which was also quite warm so smelt terrible! I literally had minutes to deal with it or I would be late picking up my daughter.

So I picked up all I could and then very very stupidly hoovered up the rest with the Hoover hose. Big mistake! Now it's a Dyson so I have taken it all apart and washed the cylinder bit and put cotton wool soaked in orange essential oil in there......but...the hose and the rest of the Hoover absolutely stinks!

Heeeeelllp! Am I resigned to a life of a wee smelling Hoover?

Any ideas please!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Sounds very familiar.

Mij seems to have a nappy obsession and we've had a few episodes.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Remind me again why we have dogs?!

Just been on a lovely walk...well lovely apart from both dogs rolling on a huge fish carcass....Tonks getting stuck in some mud.....and then Remus managing to eat half the fish carcass on the way back to the car. I certainly didn't want to pull it out of his mouth! So now they are sun bathing in the lounge and a nasty smell is starting to come off them as they heat up.

No ideas about the Hoover then?
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Remind me again why we have dogs?!

Just been on a lovely walk...well lovely apart from both dogs rolling on a huge fish carcass....Tonks getting stuck in some mud.....and then Remus managing to eat half the fish carcass on the way back to the car. I certainly didn't want to pull it out of his mouth! So now they are sun bathing in the lounge and a nasty smell is starting to come off them as they heat up.

No ideas about the Hoover then?
That made me chuckle.

My Spaniel from years ago (Beau) rolled in a dead fish once. It's without doubt the worse smell and in Beau's case, lasted for weeks.

Can't help with the hoover - perhaps try some good old shake and vac. At least it circulates a fragrance when you use it.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Hey! Now why didnt I think of that! Very good! I'll be doing the shake and vac to put the freshness back tomorrow!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Remember to do the dance !
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 06:43 PM
I don't think you can do it without doing the dance...it's probably the law!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi you could use Natradol powder,that seems to work,or shake a vac,but have found Natradol the best.Wilkinson do it,Gemini54
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Thanks Gemini
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Hi Also if you feel this doesnt work,you can wash the filters in fairy liquid,but make sure its dry,my stepdaughter had a baby who wouldnt wear nappies when he started crawling,and left puddles behind,she soaked the filter in Vanish not the normal one but the plus one.But if it comes to the crunch they can be bought on the net cheaply.I am not a fan of shake and vac as it has caused irritation with skin on some dogs and cats.Gemini54
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >