Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 07:09 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Good morning all Dogsey peops

Well, the weather forecast was totally wrong for us last night, didn't expect this really heavy frost, and poor Dave had to scrape off his car at 6 am in the cold and dark this morning to start his long journey to work, whilst I stayed all warm and snug in bed - oh I did feel sorry for him, well, kind of!

I hope you managed to get some sleep Kazz and finger's and paws crossed for Sal at the vets. Positive vibes too for any other poorly doglets we have on here at the moment.

Dave's gone off to earn our keep for the next 3 days, and I have a very long list of jobs to do, one of which I've forgotten cos I didn't write it down, and I remember him asking me yesterday if I could do something if I went up to the van today, which I am Oh well, I might remember it when I'm up there

At least we're in for a nice dry walk this morning, some of you might even have snow up north, but I'm just glad we won't be coming back caked in mud if I get out early enough.

Enjoy your day everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Good morning Helena and all who follow.

The frost is terrible on the cars first thing. Takes ages for them to 'melt'.

Kazz, I echo what Helena has said about poor Sal. I hope she OK and home with you today.

We had another saga last night. My sister visited Gary yesterday and said he was much better. When they got there at 2 pm he was down having an MRI scan and the staff nurse told her the results would be back from that this afternoon - all good so far. I'd phoned in the morning and was told much the same thing and that they were going to review the epilepsy medication after I'd gone through the side effects etc with them.

My sister left Gary at 7.30 pm last night. At 8.05 pm I got a 'phone call from a nurse to say that Gary was being moved to Lincoln and had been 'on the road' for 20 minutes. I was flabbergasted! I asked if they'd got the scan results back early, the nurse didn't know. I asked what they were doing to review the meds, the nurse didn't know. I ask what ward Gary would be on in Pilgrim and was told the Stroke Unit - I asked why the stroke unit, the nurse didn't know. As you can imagine, extreme panic set in straight away.

I 'phoned my sister who was furious that they hadn't told her before she left so that she could make sure all Gary's stuff was packed up and talk to the proper people before shift change.

9.45 pm I rang the Stroke Unit at Pilgrim to be told not only that he wasn't there but she didn't have any record of any transfer going in tonight. I rang the nurse at Queen's who said she'd ring them and then ring me back. At 10.45 pm still no 'phone call so I rang them to be told that she'd tried to do the ringing but couldn't get an outside line on the 'phones (I wonder how she'd managed it earlier to let me know he was en-route).

I rang the switch at Boston. They put me through to A&E and a lovely lady on there rang round all the wards and then rang me back to tell me she'd found him, he was ok and settled and gave me the direct number for the ward.

I rang the ward and spoke to a lovely sister on there. She couldn't understand the panic at first until I told her what had happened. She said he definitely shouldn't have been moved until the scan results were back and that she'd tell the doctor all I'd said when he does his rounds this morning.

I'm going through for visiting at 2 pm so can have a sit down and chat to the staff then and see what the heck is going on.

The worry and frustration of having someone in hospital is always bad enough, but, blimey, do they like to pour extra stress on top. I'm seriously thinking of lodging a complaint into Queen's today.

Thank you all that come on here for the support you have given me over the last 2 plus weeks. I've not had much time to answer, but those thoughts have been truly appreciated.

Hope everyone is OK and that you all have a good day today whatever you are up to xx
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Good morning from the stormy west coast of Ireland.

Gales again here and sudden fierce deluges of hail and sharp rain.

The dogs did not get a real walk but played outside by themselves a while before diving into big chunks of raw chicken. It was just too cold to be out. And too windy...

Am abed with a cold but plenty to do today finishing a big parcel for family overseas. Scales out and the table awash with stuff.. will add hand made snowflakes and angels and tea bags to the motley.

Cats are fast asleep on my bed with me; great furry black lumps!

Stay safe and warm out there everyone,. Blessings and peace
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning Helena and all who follow.

The frost is terrible on the cars first thing. Takes ages for them to 'melt'.

Kazz, I echo what Helena has said about poor Sal. I hope she OK and home with you today.

We had another saga last night. My sister visited Gary yesterday and said he was much better. When they got there at 2 pm he was down having an MRI scan and the staff nurse told her the results would be back from that this afternoon - all good so far. I'd phoned in the morning and was told much the same thing and that they were going to review the epilepsy medication after I'd gone through the side effects etc with them.

My sister left Gary at 7.30 pm last night. At 8.05 pm I got a 'phone call from a nurse to say that Gary was being moved to Lincoln and had been 'on the road' for 20 minutes. I was flabbergasted! I asked if they'd got the scan results back early, the nurse didn't know. I asked what they were doing to review the meds, the nurse didn't know. I ask what ward Gary would be on in Pilgrim and was told the Stroke Unit - I asked why the stroke unit, the nurse didn't know. As you can imagine, extreme panic set in straight away.

I 'phoned my sister who was furious that they hadn't told her before she left so that she could make sure all Gary's stuff was packed up and talk to the proper people before shift change.

9.45 pm I rang the Stroke Unit at Pilgrim to be told not only that he wasn't there but she didn't have any record of any transfer going in tonight. I rang the nurse at Queen's who said she'd ring them and then ring me back. At 10.45 pm still no 'phone call so I rang them to be told that she'd tried to do the ringing but couldn't get an outside line on the 'phones (I wonder how she'd managed it earlier to let me know he was en-route).

I rang the switch at Boston. They put me through to A&E and a lovely lady on there rang round all the wards and then rang me back to tell me she'd found him, he was ok and settled and gave me the direct number for the ward.

I rang the ward and spoke to a lovely sister on there. She couldn't understand the panic at first until I told her what had happened. She said he definitely shouldn't have been moved until the scan results were back and that she'd tell the doctor all I'd said when he does his rounds this morning.

I'm going through for visiting at 2 pm so can have a sit down and chat to the staff then and see what the heck is going on.

The worry and frustration of having someone in hospital is always bad enough, but, blimey, do they like to pour extra stress on top. I'm seriously thinking of lodging a complaint into Queen's today.

Thank you all that come on here for the support you have given me over the last 2 plus weeks. I've not had much time to answer, but those thoughts have been truly appreciated.

Hope everyone is OK and that you all have a good day today whatever you are up to xx
Words fail.. they have no thought do they..

Yes, do make a complaint; it may prevent the same happening to someone else.

Always the nurses and other female staff who set things right!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Good morning fellow members not a bad morning dry and no frost.

Chloe is fed and walked, baby Hannah has arrived and is fed and dressed and I now have a date with Mr Fisher Price and a box of bricks. We are building kennels this morning for tiny Schnauzer and her puppies .

Chris what a nightmare, I hope Gary hasn't be too upset by all this uncertainty ..
Kazz I hope the news about Sal is positive when you speak to the vet...

Have a pleasant day everyone
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Good morning everyone

It looks quite mild here.

Chris, that is awful. How on earth could they have let that happen, given everything? I would certainly complain.

I hope Kazz gets some good news about Sal this morning.

I'm out Christmas shopping with my mum and then back to scrub my teeth because we all have the dentist this afternoon. That will be on my mind all day - she's a lovely lady but I hate going to the dentist.

I hope everyone's day is good today.
x
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Morning H and all

We didn't get a frost last night as far as I can see. I am glad I'm not the only one who forgets things H.

Hoping for some good news for Sal today.

Brierley you must have been so worried, as if it's not worrying enough. I would most certainly complain, it's unbelievable that nobody said anything to you or your sister. Talk about secret service.

I'm not doing a lot today (again) going to collect my medication and pick up a few bits while I am out. I haven't been walking the dogs as far as usual, last time out one of my beautiful leads failed, the trigger hook came out of the hole where it swivels, luckily I always have a link attached so no harm was done. New leads are on their way, they were made last weekend.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all

Oh Chris - words fail me. Or rather they do not but I would be banned if I said what I really think. I do hope you manage to get it all sorted out when you go to see Gary, but why on earth did they not tell your sister when she was there visiting him?

We have Local Authority elections today and I am waiting to see if the promised lift arrives to take me to the Polling Station. It is only just down the road and I could easily get there on either Xanadu or Tontoo, but it looks like rain and as neither can be used in the rain 'cos of the 'lectrics I am not going to risk going and then getting cotched on the way home. Going on The Silver Monster is not an option as he is too big to get through the doorway/little passageway into the polling room. So either someone collects me on Chair, or I do not vote.

Pereg is still studiously ignoring the new couch, giving it sly sideways glances as if to say "do I dare it" before jumping onto my recliner! My neighbour came in yesterday evening going "ooh, aah" and sort of stroking it and saying how nice it is and how much nicer it looks than the picture on the website. It was so worth the wait and I am so glad that the original one turned out to be a duff order as this one is soooo much nicer!

Have a good day everyone, and keep safe and warm.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Pereg is still studiously ignoring the new couch, giving it sly sideways glances as if to say "do I dare it" before jumping onto my recliner! My neighbour came in yesterday evening going "ooh, aah" and sort of stroking it and saying how nice it is and how much nicer it looks than the picture on the website. It was so worth the wait and I am so glad that the original one turned out to be a duff order as this one is soooo much nicer!
You got the couch!!!!!

So glad you like it and that it was well worth the wait.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Morning Helena,Morning all

Dry here and no frost last night although was very cold this morning when I let the dogs out,we have been forecast showers for today though.

Chris what an absolute nightmare for you & Gary,I hope he has settled now and yes do complain,it's not good enough.

I'm hoping Kazz gets some good news from the vets and that poor Sal will be home with her today x

Mini have fun with the children,

Linda Good luck at the dentist and enjoy your christmas shopping

I'm just doing the usual today chores lol and trying to make sure Luke is as painfree as possible.

Have a good day all x
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »