View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 05:36 PM
I worked with someone like that; she was awful!
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 06:12 PM
I have been pretty underweight for quite a few years now,I got to the point where i felt quite bad about myself.
But for about six/eight mths or so i've slowly managed finally to put about a stone on,i've even got a little belly and at last some boobs !!!!
I tried Build up and didnt really like it much,so i decided to start cooking more homemade meals,i make stew every week with crusty bread, roasts,homemade pasta dishes and curries,i make soups too.
I do find its best to only eat something that i really 'fancy' otherwise i tend to leave it or not eat much.I also swapped some of my teas and coffees throughout the week for hot chocolate (made with milk) with cream on top,only takes a minute in the microwave) and its a nice treat,Its far better to put on weight with good foods as opposed to just bulking up on fatty things etc as they can just make you feel lethagic and grotty anyway.
With regards to work,i really feel for you,its a horrible feeling like that in a place where you spend alot of your time.I would be a little dismissive of her when she talks to you and use one word answers as much as i could,maybe she'll try and put more effort into the way she addresses you ?? I'm not much help i'm afraid but hope you sort it out soon x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 06:18 PM
I'd have to confront her about it I'm afraid. Something along the lines of "if you don't like me, that's fine, I can live with that, in the meantime, I'd appreciate it off you got off my back and went and annoyed someone else, or maybe tell me what it is about me that gets up your nose"! Lol! I'd do that!!!

As for the weight gain, can't help you there, coz I've got the opposite problem! Maybe I could give you my diet?? Lots of chocolate ice cream works well! Peanuts are filled with calories and it's that time of year when we have them around? I think they might even be good for you - maybe? Good luck with that awful woman though.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2006, 07:17 PM
i would helena but as some are starting to get to know me more now at work they are aware of the fact i will get to a point where i will say some thing she wont like, then it will look like it is me over reacting with no explaination for it.
she started aug this yr and within weeks i said at the time she was 1 to watch as i got the impression she would stab you in the back given the chance,,,,,,, guess what it seems to be true now she is showing her true colours.
she worked at the local magistrates court and is hoping to become a solicitor so she has a very high opinion of herself..........to the degree she even said to the team leader i have been trained to win an argument......lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Give her enough rope then Leo and she'll hang herself won't she by the sounds of it! To save you looking all bad to the others, why not STILL approach her, but in a nicer sort of way, and ask her if she has a problem with you coz you get the feeling she's constantly getting at you, as if you're the underdog sort of thing. That way, when you tell the others what you've done, if she does have a right old go at you, at least they'll all be on your side if you did it nicely? Difficult I know, but like I said, I think she'll end up hanging herself all by herself anyway somewhen soon - maybe at the Christmas party when she's had a few - this type usually does!!!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2006, 08:43 PM
its only a matter of time and who in the office boils over 1st...... seems like some have bets on the fact its gonna be me.
they are aware of it and her behaviour towards others in general but up to now not said anything to her.i think they are waiting for it to become formal or it to happen so they can deal with it there and then.
she is on a 2 yr temp contract so if it comes down to it they need to give her 4 weeks notice.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
now she is showing her true colours.
she worked at the local magistrates court and is hoping to become a solicitor so she has a very high opinion of herself..........to the degree she even said to the team leader i have been trained to win an argument......lol
Silly woman, she sounds! You are so much better than her!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2006, 09:52 PM
well thankyou lucky...shes only in her 20s i think got a lot of growing up to do......
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2006, 09:36 PM
bit of a update on the work front
well she is being her usual self to the degree now she seems to think she has some level of power over me etc.
well i have now made it offical as i am not prepared to tolerate this behaviour towards me any more, if i do it is only going to be a matter of time before i blow......
i have had to produce a log of things said or done as evidence to back up the things i have raised as issues and examples, which i have so i will be giving it in on wed to my line manager who as far as i can make out is going to have a 1 to 1 with her about it all.
cause if it carrys on and they don't nip it in the bud now i will...............
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 11:36 PM
You've done the right thing - you can't go on like this and if you do end up blowing up there'll be far worse repercussions.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >