Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DavidC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-11-2013, 03:04 PM

German Rawhide supplier?

Not sure whether this should be under Food & Nutrition or not, if so please move it and sorry!

Hi all,

A couple of months ago (I think), we went to a dog show at Stoneleigh Park. Whilst there we found a stand which sold rawhide in relative bulk. A pack for £10 for example had loads in. He was a nice German chap, and his stall displayed the Deutsche flag.

Anyway, he said we could order online when we ran out, and that the company name was on his receipt, however we've lost the receipt.

Given how much cheaper it was than high-street stores, I wondered is if anyone know who it could be, and where I can order it from.

Thanks,
David
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Can you contact the organisers of the dog show at Stoneleigh Park, as I would have thought that they have records of who had stalls at that show.

Good luck!
Kanie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2013, 04:20 PM
I know who you mean, because he was at Blackpool Ch. Show too.

the best thing to do may be to go on the Kennel Club website and look for the dates of all-breed Ch. shows coming up, like LKA in December and if there is one within reasonable distance and you have time, go and look.

Otherwise, you could find the name of the Show Secretary and contact them to ask if he will have a trade stand there.

I'm going to LKA, so if he's there and you've had no luck, I will post his details on here if that's ok with the mods!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Just the name rawhide makes me go cold after one of my dogs choked on one . I now only give my dogs stag bars which don't splinter, smell or go soggy and last for months. Sorry I can't help you with the rawhide bargain bags.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Just the name rawhide makes me go cold after one of my dogs choked on one . I now only give my dogs stag bars which don't splinter, smell or go soggy and last for months. Sorry I can't help you with the rawhide bargain bags.
Same here! And i certainly don't think this belongs in 'nutrition'! I am wondering just how much of the stuff your dog gets through for you to be seeking bulk discount! When I did used to give it to my dog I was told it is quite fattening.

I hope you've read the recent scare stories about the contaminated hide products from china? Don't assume because the shop is a German shop it is made in Germany or the EU. Many American dog lovers were fooled by the very American sounding name on the packs of the problem ones there.

Thinking I see this stuff unpackaged and sold loose in pet shops and markets I do wonder where that sort comes from?
DavidC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Thank you for the replies, as suggested I'll get in touch with the organisers, hopefully they can help.

We tried him with the stag thing, unfortunately he wasn't interested.
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Zooplus sell a lot of natural treats and are a German company. You can buy online and they have a UK website. Have you tried looking there?