Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
They don't make them to order you know?
When I was in the undertakers they had loads all stacked up wrapped in plastic straight from the manufacturers, just in different sizes... and people do buy them for all sorts of reasons. My friend at school used to have one in her bedroom, but then she was a bit strange lol.
Ahh thanks, that explains it. I'll tell my husband that then I wasn't sure what they did as I've never had to buy one (touching wood as I say that). I think we thought they were made to order , silly us
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Does he die? that is the question I didn't think she'd go through with it.xxxxxxxxxxxx
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Dare I say that I know Sean is coming out of the series, I don't know about Tanya although she has been on a few programmes lately being interviewed. Sorry, I don't know anything else.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 02:59 PM
well i must say that my greatest fear is being buried alive so it freaked me out a bit but not to the extenet as others have said...however if you look the coffin was only about 6inch underground so does he manage to escape? i dont know the story line how it ends etc....

Alex
xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Not taken - I agree there is much worse going on in the world but do you see it in such detail!

Not taken personal !
Glad you didn't take it personally, it isn't meant to be.

Yes, I think you do see in it such detail at times! For example, you see dead bodies of men, woman and children laying by the roadside in Afghanistan and Iraq etc. Bombs going off here, there and everywhere in these countries resulting in bloodshed - you see the fires that have been caused by these bombs and the massive destruction they have caused to the innocent people of their countries - all because their governments are totally corrupt. You also see the mass makeshift graveyards where the victims of these atrocities have to go, some still in body bags, some in flimsy coffins, it's not pleasant.

What really disturbed me a while ago on the news was the insitutions in Russia - I think it was, please feel free to correct me if it wasn't - where they had undercover reporters. There are children AND adults inside cots chained to the sides and barely able to move. Some of these people are put in these cots from the moment they are born till the day they die - all because they are mentally and/physically disabled. Most of them are skin and bone and rarely eat the minimal amount of food that is thrown at them, these poor beings don't even get outside for fresh air and are lucky if they have a window in the room. They even showed you footage of a grown man who was skin and bone rocking back and forth all day and all night long. Some sitting cowering in corridors of these institutions.

They showed you video footage of a suicide bomber who crashed a jeep smack-bang in to the middle of the entrances to Glasgow airport. The jeep and the entrance were in flames.

I could go on.

And all of the above is real life and is shown on breakfast, lunchtime, and tea time news, well before the watershed.

All this compared to some looney woman attempting to get rid of her cheating scumbag of a husband by putting him in a coffin in the woods near a road - not really comparable, is it? It's a soap, that's all.

Britain has become such a nanny-state it is ridiculous, and far to PC.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Only 6"? So we can look forward to an episode where Max's clutching hand emerges from the earth, as he arises like Dracula, to take his revenge! And all this just as I thought the series was getting to be unrealistic!

Snorri

Congratulations, Max - not like most of the others who left the Square by "going to Scotland" !
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
DO you know what (and I will probably get shot several times for saying this) but when I lived in Australia (this is relevant trust me !!) and people moaned about something and said they were going to compain and then complained because there was no official body to complain to, I reminded them that in the UK, we have SOOOOO MANY official bodies for complaints of everything and anything, that the UK has become Too PC pandering to every single whim going, which means that we are now all dictated to on some kind of level regarding everything !! freedoms of almost everything have disappeared because moany people can't just let things be, when really they are hurting no-one !!

Really, no offence intended, but it's a TV programme of make believe, and because of people complaining about relatively silly things like a 2 second glance of someone rambling whilst led in a open box (yes I did watch it) we will soon all be didcated to about what we can watch too !!

Please, put your time and phone call expense to better use and complain about the TV licence
I agreed with all of that.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Only 6"? So we can look forward to an episode where Max's clutching hand emerges from the earth, as he arises like Dracula, to take his revenge! And all this just as I thought the series was getting to be unrealistic!

Snorri

Congratulations, Max - not like most of the others who left the Square by "going to Scotland"
!
....in the back of a black cab (almost always looking out of it at somebody on their way by!).
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah - have you noticed how soap characters always "bow out" by going somewhere (usually the same place)? Dead EastEnders go to Scotland, dead Neighbours always go somewhere called "Wangeretta" (or to Brizzy). At least, (whichever Kemp it was) had the decency to get himself blown up, and Dirty Den got his skull broken.

I have lost count of the number of EastEnders who got murdered - anything to escape going to Scotland, eh?

"Neighbours" is remarkably short of murders, odd when you think how many there are who really need it...............

Snorri
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Ok i found this quite creepy, i read somewhere he phone his daughter from the coffin but his signal goes out before he can say anything
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >