Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Its stressful because the dog wants the reward enough to try for it and that produces stress. When they stop trying thats when the stress of it out weights the benifit of the reward. They will continue to try when stressed as long as the payoff is enough.

Being with the owner/being out and about is rewarding, but isn't specifically rewarding the behvaiour your training, just rewards being there.

They don't fear the stim, if you knew anything about it you would know that. If they anticapated another shock they would never perform behaviours other than staring at the handler, as you can see my dogs perform lots of behaviours.

Adam
..then train without it

balderdash n poppycock..... oh yes your highly trained dogs lmao
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-11-2010, 10:38 PM
lou castle copycat posts

multi quoting due any day now
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
lou castle copycat posts

multi quoting due any day now
LOL,

Its a zapping clone

rune
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
LOL,

Its a zapping clone

rune
(See post 408 )

Looks to me like things have gone quiet on the e collar front and that's not good for sales so the tramp in the terrible wig who sells e collars (and likes to strap them near to a dogs genitals) has recruited a spokesman to restart the discussion.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Emotional stress of not recieving the reward, a sate that occurs throughout reward based training.

Adam
Adam, how would you differentiate emotional stress from excitement? Dogs are far brighter than you appear to give them credit for. They know from the very start that rewards are very easy to achieve so far from being stressed, they enjoy the learning process.

Name one effective trainer who does not give a reward for a job well done. Name one effective trainer that doesn't set up the dog for success in gaining reward very easily. Of course, there are those who don't understand the process who, no doubt, would cause emotional stress by taunting the dog with a reward that was just about impossible to attain through their own lack of commonsense. This type of trainer would never achieve results
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2010, 02:09 AM
Good Lord, is this thread still going on?
I am not going to argue with Adam, because I am not accustomed to having battles of wits with unarmed men. There is no publicly printable word for an e-collar user.

Snorri
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Yes it is . When all is said and done the e collar trainers won't change their point of view or agree with the majority here who abhor the use of e collars. Why would they, they are making money out of persuading people there is a quick and easy fix to every canine behavioural problem instead of using time and patience to deal with them or finding alternative ways to cope. Trainers who push the use of these devices clearly have no empathy with dogs or they would't be using the collars in the first place when there are other methods of training available.

All the time the devices are being discussed they are being publicised and you know what they say, no publicity is bad publicity. No doubt there are also owners looking for a quick fix, people who have no understating of dogs, purchased the wrong breed for their lifestyle or haven't put in the time and effort required to train their dogs correctly in the first place. Some may even read dog sites looking for information, just what the e collar trainers are are counting on.

Unfortunately each time these devices are mentioned the majority of people here who are against them feel they have to enter discussion rather than letting their use go unchallenged but I feel little is ever achieved (except for people like Adam who apparently stated his intention on a site in the USA to join lots of forums to publicise e collars ) these discussions always end in stalemate.
I think Mini put it very well in a previous post.

Hands up everyone who is beyond bored with this discussion and also of it being brought up again (by Adam this time...)

Wys
x
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post

Hands up everyone who is beyond bored with this discussion and also of it being brought up again (by Adam this time...)

Wys
x

I wasn't going to "feed the beast" this time ~ especially as this old thread was resurrected by Adam, no doubt just for the publicity. But I'm happy to put my hand up as bored with this discussion. It's been done to death, most people here would not dream of using an e-collar & any further mention only pleases the e-collar users.

Would it be possible, perhaps, to suggest that any posts by Adam that refer to e-collars are deleted by the mods?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post

Wys
x
I agree! I don't think anyone is being swayed by this sales pitch.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 10:46 AM

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 98 « First < 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 93 > Last »