Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Thats awful

I'm afraid if my OH gave me such an ultimatum he'd be straight out of the door. If he could watch me break my heart loosing my dogs and be alright about it, sorry but he wouldn't be the sort of person I'd want to share my life with.

That sort of relationship won't last the distance then what? your friend won't even have his dogs to cuddle up to
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I have to say if it was me I would have chosen the dogs.
Dogs don't issue ultimatums or lay down conditions, give me a dog or at least a dog lover anyday
Totally agree!

Your poor friend, having to deal with that
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Sorry to hear that. What an awful thing to do to someone. Have to wonder how long he will stay with her as it will always be an issue.

Totally agree with Annestaff!

Helen
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Sorry to hear that,what a position to put someone in,hope they find good homes if you decide you can't keep them.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
Thats awful

I'm afraid if my OH gave me such an ultimatum he'd be straight out of the door. If he could watch me break my heart loosing my dogs and be alright about it, sorry but he wouldn't be the sort of person I'd want to share my life with.
That is an excellent point. Surely if you love someone you love everything about them including a passion for dogs. If he was that important to her how could she make him do such a thing. Surely there must have been some sort of a compromise that could have been reached. Such a sad situation. No one wins here as far as I'm concerned.

That is a beautiful Bull Terrier. I can see that your son is smitten with her and her with him. How upsetting for you.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks for all your replies,I feel so sad,
I have just told harvey and he asked the inevitable question,if we could keep her.
Having said that a neighbour who used to own Mastiffs and has a few AM's that he shows has just expressed and interest in having her,so i'm gonna follow that one up in a bit

Best of it is .....they live opposite me !
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 03:54 PM
it must be so hard for you and your son, those photos show how much they think of each other, fingers crossed for a good outcome
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 03:54 PM
What a lovely woman she is and if he is following her ultimatum then they deserve each other, is there anyone who could help, your ex OH maybe, if you were to take the bitch? I get the impression he cares too, good luck whatever happens
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by mutthouse View Post
What a lovely woman she is and if he is following her ultimatum then they deserve each other, is there anyone who could help, your ex OH maybe, if you were to take the bitch? I get the impression he cares too, good luck whatever happens
I thought the same MH
ex OH is living back with his mom and dad for now so thats not possible unfortunately,
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Is a dog walker and option even just for her or to accompany you all?
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »