Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
This was not picking at your post, just easier to answer.
I know what you were saying, I was asking hypothetically really, I just don't see the logic in it

Let him, don't let him, who cares, if he wants to go and get his little butt blown off, let him, the same as anyone else, he's a royal, so what, he's not a superior being !
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
I know what you were saying, I was asking hypothetically really, I just don't see the logic in it

Let him, don't let him, who cares, if he wants to go and get his little butt blown off, let him, the same as anyone else, he's a royal, so what, he's not a superior being !
I do see your point, I think alot of familys of people serving and who have served and lost their lives will care, as they will likely have seen it as the "higher powers" looking after someone who they consider more worthy than the "normal" soilders, when in fact its not them its the media.

It is the media that have caused all this with crap like "will puts others in danger" not if you dont say when and wear he is fighting, "a future prince should not fight" why not its only the tabloids saying so.
Anyway I will stop as I could slag the media off all night.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Just one big publicity stunt (although only the dim will fall for it - I mean, he could have at least waited for a war that wasn't illegal and detested by almost everyone with at least half a brain cell!!)

And what a shambles it has made of our media. What else have they been hiding from us?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Just one big publicity stunt (although only the dim will fall for it - I mean, he could have at least waited for a war that wasn't illegal and detested by almost everyone with at least half a brain cell!!)

And what a shambles it has made of our media. What else have they been hiding from us?
I dont think the afghan for is illegal as such, the iraq one is much more debateable, even the anti-war protesters didnt go off on one over it like they did the iraq.
I bet there is also a load of stuff the media keep from us, for whatever reason.

I will not comment on the half a brain cell comment.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 11:19 PM
see this is what botherd me about him going in the first place news not says he will be put under high security when he gets home as he was front line fighting he will know be top target for afganistan exreamists

sad reminds me of 7-7
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2008, 01:07 AM
Just one big publicity stunt
To what end?

(although only the dim will fall for it - I mean, he could have at least waited for a war that wasn't illegal and detested by almost everyone with at least half a brain cell!!)
I have to say I find this a little patronising towards those who have already posted that are for P. Harry going to fight! Like someone said - he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't! Trust me I'm no fan of the royal family, but I at least give the lad a little bit of credit for wanting to fight. Not something I'll ever be brave enough for, that's for sure!

As I understand it, the UK media had promised to keep schtum and in return would receive pics/a story in return on his return. As far as I'm aware it was the US media that blew the whistle on his mission?!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2008, 08:15 AM

er....Harry was sent to Afganistan-not Iraq.They're two different countries if you havent noticed...
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2008, 02:24 PM
It appears that he has scared the Taliban into submission already, as I understand he's already back here?

Pity they didn't send him at the beginning, eh??

Snorri
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
er....Harry was sent to Afganistan-not Iraq.They're two different countries if you havent noticed...
Equally despicable - very worrying how months before the invasion a certain oil pipe requested (nay demanded!) to be run through Afghanistan was rejected by the govt in power at the time... months after the invasion it had already been laid down and completed!

DID THE PLANNED OIL PIPELINE THROUGH AFGHANISTAN INFLUENCE AMERICA'S DECISION TO INVADE AND INSTALL A NEW GOVERNMENT THERE?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Pity they didn't send him at the beginning, eh??

Snorri
Exactly! If he wanted to go into a real war, go with the proper front line!
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >