Jenny this man is very very good

www.thedogwhisperer.co.uk

I hope it all works out for you. Good luck
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
The thing is though Jen DID she do it with B/F before she "learned" to do it. If I make sense.

SB or anyone do you think this would this work?
Jen have you you tried this (sorry if you have already) getting her to sit when a dog approaches, ie see a dog put her in sit and get her to concentrate on you not the dog ie with a toy or treat? I mean walking away from the person and dog would not work obviously as she would think then there is something to be afraid of.
Hi Jen

I think this is spot on - as I mentioned - bruno totally has picked up on my nervous tension and thus has just aggravated his antisocial behaviour - After his class on thursday I have been far more relaxed. We have just returned from a walk - a dog came charging over from the other side of the park - I actually had bruno on his extension and harness rather than the check collar as I was letting him run about and normally in this instance I would have been panicking and reining him in - I didnt and the dog came bouncing up to Bruno's face they ahve a wee flailing of paws at each other - the other dogs wanting to play - and Bruno didnt do ANYTHING =- he normally would have attacked - all beacuse I didnt tense up, shout at him or anything else - amazing and very simple but true !!

its worth a try but I know its so hard to not tense up
geordieboxerlover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2005, 06:44 PM
i totally understand the replies here about dogs reacting different to the person who has them out
i kinda get hyper if a new dog comes up to mine (ok with dogs i know) and i know i send the vibes down lead to my dogs tho keira is so laid back it don't bother her but lubo aint so i have to try for his sake to act calm
hubby keeps telling me ...i love walking the dogs but not with you
says i over react
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2