View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 07:04 PM
I met Clive through an online dating agency, we chatted as friends online and on the phone from February, then met up in April, I moved into his house in September
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 07:18 PM
I met Sid through mutual friends and we all started hanging out together in a wee group. We'd meet each week socially and became very close over 2 year period.

I valued him dearly as a best friend, he was always great to talk to and had a great sense of humour. But I'd secretly developed feelings for him but daren't say anything as I didn't want to ruin the friendship by admitting it!!

Any-hoo - one weekend the usual group of us went out partying as we normally did (we were all Eighteen) and we got a bit too much booze down our necks. Sid and I went off to the dancefloor together and we ended up both blurting out that we fancied each other (yipee for alcohol-induced bravery ) we had a snog and after that went home to our houses - separately!!!

The next day I had a lead weight in my stomach as I thought "that's it, we'll never be able to be friends again now" and was dreading having "the talk" as I was sure he wouldn't want to be with me. He rang and said he wanted us to go out together, so I was chuffed to bits!!

We've been together since (no splits) and that was just under 20yrs ago, 10yrs of which we've been married.

He still is my best friend and soul-mate and I'm so glad we got Dutch-Courage that night to admit our feelings!!!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 07:23 PM
awwwwwww these stories are lufly!!!

i havent got a (serious) OH yet.....

elaine - me you and fudgely should do a walk together sometime...
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
awwwwwww these stories are lufly!!!

i havent got a (serious) OH yet.....

elaine - me you and fudgely should do a walk together sometime...
That would be lovely. will wait till after christmas and a weekend when Carl is in respite. yea something to look forward too.
Elaine xx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 08:04 PM
no probs
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Well I divorced after 21 years in 1993. Had a few exciting few ''relationships'' but was devoted to Meg and my single life. Then just as Reah entered my life a friend decided that I had been the ''oldiest swinger'' in town long enough and told me about a friend of hers that had a mate who's 23 year relationship had ended 12 months earlier and we should meet....yea right.
Anyway I went just for the laugh of it, thought he was a total idiot....as his nerves got the better of him and he tripped over once, knocked a drink over, and stood up knocking over the chair....still looking for a way out I reluctantly agreed to go into town with him to a night club....a fight broke out in the night club between two blokes, and Patrick stood infront of me like a rock, grabbed both blokes at the same time, said ''watch my lady'' and bounced them away................

Well how could a woman resist that....the was Nov 8th 2002, we married March 8th 2003 and it was the best thing in the world I ever did. The dogs loved him he loves all of them, I saw him cry like a baby when Meg was PTS, he nurses the cats and he's a pussycat.
Us on our wedding day....the dogs came to the reception

Us now

In March of next year, we are hopefully going to Scotland again, to have our Anniversary there.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 10:53 PM
I met my boyfriend through our northern idiots! We met through the forum as friends and as there was a show up north arranged i'd stop at his on the way. He hadnt really met many other people with idiots and it was his first show so i said i'd introduce him and make sure his pups were ok (they were very barky at other dogs before the show)
We met up and the first thing that happened was my Vienna trying to kill his GSD Remus!!! Silly Mat put his hand inbetween them and Vienna bit him while trying to get to Remus so that errr more than a little broke the ice!! (i was mortified!!!) Anyway she likes Remus now lol.
Well the show went well, all the dogs won a rossette, Mat got the showing bug hehe and we had a great time. I did get plastered due to drowning my sorrows and Mat did get the hump cos he thought i was ignoring him lol. But i didnt know that til we got together and he told me that!
Anyway, my relationship was ending at the time (hense the sorrow drowning) and it was very traumatic for me. I couldnt face going home after the show to face my now ex so i stayed at Mats for a couple of weeks. Him and one of his friends, Nikki, were so good to me. i didnt know what i was supposed to do about my relationship and they put up with me and listened to me and cheered me up. anyway the relationship ended and Mat and Nik were there for me through it all. I realised i had feelings for Mat and told him so and he felt the same and well now we are together! lol Its a bit long distance cos i live in Kent and he lives in Derby but its great when we are together and the dogs love it esp the idiots. His little girl idiot and my big girl idiot love each other sooooo much. Hera is like a Vienna Mini Me! x
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-11-2008, 10:58 PM
I worked as a vet's receptionist and one day a man came in to put up an advert on our notice board saying he'd found a dog. He was very nice and we chatted a bit and got on really well. He asked me to check on the computer to see if his dogs vaccinations were due, and I discovered they were 2 years overdue So he said he would come back later with them. I told him I finished at 2pm (it as already about 1.30pm) but would fill out his vaccinations cards and leave them under the desk and he could have them when he came back later and give them to the vet to fill out. About 15 minutes later he came rushing back in with two very wet dogs for their vaccinations. It turns out he didn't want to miss seeing me again but his dogs were at the doggy parlour. He had rushed there, told them it was an emergency and he had to have his dogs immediately and rushed straight back to the vet That was 16 years ago and we've now got 2 kids and been married for almost 11 years We still laugh about how we met
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Aww Angel I love that story!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2008, 11:19 PM
My OH is from Birmingham, I moved to B'ham when I was 18 and we went to some of the same pubs and clubs, but we hung out with different crowds although we knew people from each group, I moved back to Wales when I was in my 30's, I am Welsh, and met my OH through an ad, it wasn't until we met we realised we had been in the same places prob at the same time as teenagers, and we had so much in common. Also my Oh had come to Wales on holiday many times as a child and loved it,we clicked straight away, and she moved in as soon as she had a job sorted out here six months later, we've been together for just over 11 years, and had our Civil Partnership on our 10th anniversary last year, now 6 cats and 2 dogs later, we want to move to a more rural area in wales and take on more rescue animals,we both found our soul mates when we eventually found each other, we both think its a shame we didn't meet as teenagers though, would have saved us both a lot of heartache.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >